Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents , id like to share my experience driving my 2012 Giulietta QV as a daily for business, so after an illegal Nigerian T-boned my daily business Fiat Grande Punto in Feb2017, after 30 days hire car from insurer I was forced to remove the balsak off over the GQV, and make it my daily, at first i was apprehensive as I'm in the real estate business and you can land up in situations whilst parked in unknown territory, like big dogs jumping onto the car, kids kicking soccer balls and cricket balls flying around along with youngsters riding there bicycles in very uncontrolled fashion but to name a few previous experiences. Two things became evident, young boys love the car, think its a sports car, a few have told me there fried or family have an Alfa, and the adults, I go in to discuss the house, yet we spend hours(slight exaggeration) talking about the car (how beautiful it looks- its specs; the shape) and Alfa Romeo in general, and in there heyday how they owned the older Alfas, and some who wished they purchased those older Alfas in their day ,and others regretting that they sold there old rusty menaces (Like most of us do right). My car is an absolute joy driving and damn do I drive feeling proud, after all, how often do you see an Alfa red Alfa - in fact any Alfa for that reason driving during business hrs amongst mostly white or silver humdrum A-Bs, well, by the drivers around, not many, some give me the thumbs up. So what's the moral of the story, thank you to the illegal Nigerian, otherwise my QV would still be under the balsak, and a big thankyou to Alfa Romeo for being Alfa Romeo. Im having fun, daily.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I once bought my wife a 159 Sportwagon, I told her we only had it for a test drive and she should take it for a spin. In a quick trip to the shops other drivers let her out of junctions, 2 people stopped her in the supermarket car park and chatted about the car. As an added bonus she also enjoyed driving it! Just as well cause the car was bought and paid for. As with all the Alfa's we've had (3 x 147's, 2 x GT, 159 and Brera) they have all been exceptional cars, no majors issues. In fact, no problems at all other than serviceable items. My current car, Brera 2.2, is a strange one...it's slow, cramped, awful fuel consumption but I am really enjoying owning and driving it. When the Brera is replaced, I think it will be a Giulietta QV, I have never seen one on the road here in Scotland but I have seen a couple elsewhere. It's one of the few cars I would definitely not mind in white! Although red does look superb too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts