Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He spent so much getting this car up to scratch...

It was a good looking car, he was going to get the Zender bumpers, already has the skirts, cambelts, waterpump etc all done a couple of months ago...this car went very well for a car with 280 000kms on the clock...george Le'Abatte used to work on the car...ex- Cape Town car.

Someone rear ended him at speed...he was doing 90kph, so imgine how fast the Mazda ettude was going?

I'm thinking Insurance will write this one off, what do you guys think? He is ok, just upset about his car, I'm asking him if he's fine and all he can do is talk about the "6" lol...

Well, he always wanted a GT 3.2!!!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear doors cannot open, he says there is crimples in the C-Pillars...so that's why the rear doors cannot open...I think it will definately be written off!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wow, he's lucky it wasn't more serious! Sorry about the car though. Keep track of where the insurance sends it eventually, cause a few of the guys on here might want spares.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great idea!It will most probably end up in The Northern Cape somewhere...the 17's multispokes and tyres are in great condition, cambelts/tensioners and waterpump are a few months old, pads and discs are also new I think...he's thinking of buying it back for spares!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Guili we have a dome and backend standing in the shop you can come and collect it for R500.00 that’s probably what it is worth as scrap metal if you are interested.

I think we still have a boot lid and bumper lying around in the store as well.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Fix it if all the mechanicals are sorted it is cheaper to fix the body than to start from scratch with an unknown car.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Damn Lance.... Is he OK, with a shunt like that whiplash is always a possibility....
My 156 is still up for sale if he is interested.....

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will ask him if he wants a facelift 156!

He has not heard back from the insurance...but as we all know, once a car has been repaired from an accident its never the same...

his passenger got whiplash, only my dad's leg was hurt abit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts