Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has somebody any advice how to turn a Volvo driver into an Alfa driver? I tried to talk him (my father) into a 156, then he bought a Opel Zafira, after that I tried to talk him into a 166, but a Volvo S80 showed up, how he's looking for a V70XC of a XC90 :S And I used to be a pretty good car salesman :eek:

And what I don't understand, when I'm not around, but my car is, he always steals it!! Sometimes when I woke up later, I had to take his (boring) Volvo to school or work :( And this happend not once in a while, but pretty often. And somehow, he always drove way more than neccesary :rant:

Who can help me to make sure that my father leave's my car alone, or buys one for himselve? It's not that he has no choice, he also owns a 1970's Triumph TR6 and a 1953 VW Beetle, but he prefers my car, even my mother does! And it's driving on stiff tires, with koni's on the stiffest setting with 45mm lowering.

So I have to drive at least 1 or 2 times a week in this boring Volvo automatic, which is to slow. :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've not seen my car for a week. My dad borrowed it when his went into a garage for some work doing on it (a mondeo). Since then I have seen neither the car nor the dad-thing. Every time I pop home he is out... in my car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing is for sure, my next Alfa gets a fingerprint alarmsystem :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just leave it with no fuel in he`ll soon get sick of topping it up :lol:
Well, that's the only good thing about it, he refuels it all the time to the top.

@ classicgal93, we have a big drive way, but the cars (my fathers, mothers, brothers and mine) can only be parked behind each other, not next to, so all the spare keys are in the same place, that everybody can move the cars when neccesary.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
He obviously loves nice cars - perhaps he feels he needs to buy a 'responsible' car for the family. He might be just as bored with the Volvo as you. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He doesn't need to buy responsible cars, next to his Volvo he has 2 other cars, both are for fun. And he rarely lets me drive them (and I love it to drive his Triumph TR6)

@Maverick, if I could afford one, I for sure would do that :D to bad that I went back to the University instead of keeping working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts