Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old man has just started working for a company thats owned by finmerrica (or somthing like that) who own a large stake of alfa, from the pre fiat days.

so I can get about 16% off new giuliettas and mitos, and 20% off 159, spider and brera.

So come time to get ride of my 2008 159 next year, I think ill be using this.

Cant transfer it though guys.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its part of the old Marconi firm.

Just looked up the prices. I can get a Giulietta 1750 Tbi 235 Cloverleaf for the same RP price as a Giulietta 1.4 Tb Mulitiar 170 Lusso (£20,500).

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There is a company near where I live who used to offer similar deals on Fiat and Alfas. Most of West Yorkshire was driving around in Puntos, Bravas and Bravos. If you worked there you got up to 25% off and you were allowed 3 cars per year. Most used to just run them for 6 months, then the trade in was more than you paid for the car, so you upgraded! Family were also allowed in the deal, in fact there was a bonus if you did 3 per year. Suddenly people who worked there had lots of relatives! I had 2 Bravas, a Bravo and friends had 2 Puntos and a Bravo too. The convention was to offer the person who worked there £500 for their trouble....
Unfortunately my "cousin" who worked there got himself sacked ( not for helping relatives)!

The local dealer was making no margin on the cars other than the volume, eventually they dropped the Fiat franchise....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought my 156 from a friend in Belgium who had access to this deal back in 1999. With the difference in prices between Belgium and the UK in those days, and with his discount, I paid GBP £11,000 for a brand new car, RHD, ordered to my spec, which would have cost £22,000 on a UK forecourt.

Happy days.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's probably Finmeccanica. They're a big Italian defence and aerospace group who own Augusta Westland (the helicopters people), amongst others. I wonder if they do discounts on choppers (ooh err)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts