Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some fun with a TVR Tuscan today on the way home from work ... just pulled off the M25 onto the A3 autobahn and this TVR is swerving through the traffic to get in front of as many people as possible ... so I thought I'm going to give him a go!!!! ... pulled away from the lights and he sprints away, but then get into third gear and my car is a rocket ship and I actually start to catch up with him (by the noise of his engine he was trying hard ... I could hardly hear myself think let alone he my near silent diesel engine ... ) ... but then over 100 he pulls away :( up to 130 ... where we pretty much stayed at ... :thumbs:

... until he pulled off the autobahn at guildford, gave me a thumbs up and the biggest grin I've seen in a while, looks like we both had quite a bit of fun ...

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
i'm down the road from you. will be looking out for a silver 156 :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i'm down the road from you. will be looking out for a silver 156 :)
Looking out for and getting out of the way of, I'm sure! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wasn't it a tad busy for 130 on the A3 coming home from work:eek:
I was quite surprised how clear it was ... although I did finish at 2pm ...

Nice:D what bhp you running?
208bhp ... although its the 355 of torque that does it I think ...

Looking out for and getting out of the way of, I'm sure! :eek: :eek:
:lol: :lol:

Everyone likes some fun playing tag with cars but that's a little excessive, no?
:eek: :eek: (hangs head in shame) ... but he made me do it officer ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
130mph - Pah................wimp :rolleyes:

Comeback when you have topped 140mph ;)

The TVR was holding me up :D ... although being a tractor the top gear isn't really long enough :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who mapped it - because Red Dot gave me loads at top end ;)
It's not the engine ... it's the lack of gears :( ... 130mph is about 4500rpm, and mine red lines at 5000 (being a rubbish old 10v), if you've got an extra gear you can give me then that would be great :thumbs: (autodelta do do a "longer" fifth gear for about £260+VAT+Fitting :wow: )

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
208bhp ... although its the 355 of torque that does it I think ...
I'm a little sceptical about that torque figure (if you mean lbft).. My mate's BMW 330D was remapped at Red Dot, which shares the same turbo as the 156 2.4 140/150bhp model and he made 230bhp and torque peaked at 320lbft.. I know the 10v doesn't rev that well so it tends to make the power lower down with a higher torque figure, but 355 is very, very high. You should come down to Red Dot and see what it makes on their rollers, I'd be very interested to see. :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a little sceptical about that torque figure (if you mean lbft).. My mate's BMW 330D was remapped at Red Dot, which shares the same turbo as the 156 2.4 140/150bhp model and he made 230bhp and torque peaked at 320lbft.. I know the 10v doesn't rev that well so it tends to make the power lower down with a higher torque figure, but 355 is very, very high. You should come down to Red Dot and see what it makes on their rollers, I'd be very interested to see. :)
I don't think I want to know :D ... I'm happy with my 355 thankyou ;) ... when is the red dot day? It would be good to have a second opinion (although I might try and get an induction kit soon depending on the ££)

EDIT: just looked at my previous graphs and pre-remap I had 273 ... what are the official figures?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Clare's GT would beat it;)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts