Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as u can see on the piccy! my my front bumper is hanging off!
but i can't seem find the brackets to hold it on!
would you guys know were the brackets are to hold it on!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and onother thing! how whould i stick the fabric on this armrest back!

thanks in advance ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy, to fix the bumper, you have to slide it forward and lift it up, then push it back. There isn't a bracket as such. The bumper has a groove on the inside which slides over a sticky out bit from the car. It took me a few goes after Jason77 showed me what to do.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx marlon! so your telling me theres no bolts anywere around the bumper? even round the front bit? one thing i noticed! the plastic protetor is in the way! would i need to take that off?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the wheel arch liner ??? Naaa that won't hinder you. If it does, just bend it so it isn't "behind" the bumper lip. Get the bumper lined up and fixed and then bend the liner back into place...that's what I did.

I removed the front grill and held the bumper in place with a couple of self tappers as I couldn't find any bolts either. I think the only bolts are at the bottom just in front of the wheels. Unfortunately the bracket bit on my bumper had snapped so the bolt wasn't holding the bumper in place...maybe yours has done the same ???

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marlon said:
Unfortunately the bracket bit on my bumper had snapped so the bolt wasn't holding the bumper in place...maybe yours has done the same ???
more than likely :( i was thinking something may have snaped for it to be hanging near the passenger weel arch

·
Registered
835 Posts
When I took my bumper off to repair it, it was like that when I bought it, I didn't do it! there were 2 13's behind the grille, oh and 2 bits of rope holding up the outside edges :(

as marlon says the thing should "slide" off but you should probably check the rear most part of the sides underneath, you might find bolts/selftappers/clips going up the way into the mounting "posts"....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Armrest...
I don't remember the details, but I'm sure it was held in with a sort of plastic clip sewn into the seams. Slotted together and folded back on itself. I'll have a look later.

Bumper...
I've taken the rear bumper off, but not the front. Looks like a similar system for both though. Two pairs of bolts at the front edge, and two supports on the side that slide into rails moulded into the bumper. Thes supports are eccentric, allowing the final trim height to be adjusted. Someone hit me in a carpark and popped the support out of the rails at the rear (no note!), so my bumper was hanging off. Four bolts and a bit of contortion and it was fine. The arch liner may be held on with little plastic rivets, but these just pop out if needed.

Looking at the parts CD, looks like there are two bolts at the top of the bumper somewhere under the grille or near the inboard edge of the headlamps, and another two underneath going upwards. The lower two may be masked by the front tray. Not sure, this is just a guess.

Hope you get it sorted.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The slide parts at the side are directly behined where your hand is on the picture. there is definatly bolts dont just try and pull it off set yourself aside some time to do this as i think you have to take quite a bit off to do the job right. :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The support legs off the chassis legs are probably rotten, which won't help. Do you want to bring it round Andy?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: my bumper's not hanging off!

my bumper is all fixed now! lookin good as new! :D :D
thanx guys ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and my armrest is fixed :D :D

thanx to Autolead's Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts