Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all i know im mad to be up at this time but i have had a mad day.
i had come back from weymouth(holiday) and left at 7 oclock in the morning and got home at about 9.30 ,i then had to do some shopping and at 4 oclock pm went with my brother by car to south shields near newcastle in a 147 diesel that my brother borrowed from work ,got there at 8.15 pm to look at a mk 2 sud ti (owned by steve parry).
we looked round the car that had mot and tax and was in good condition ,my brother bought the car for £2800 steve would not budge on price .
we drove straight back ,my brother mark in the sud ti and me in the 147 diesel and the sud sat quite happily at 80 all the way(not bad for a 19 year old car).
here are a couple of pics ,mark is coming round tomorrow in the car so will get some better ones.

G

·
well done pats brother :thumbs:
looks a fairly nice one, need much doing pat:confused: can't be too bad if it had t&t :cool:
having a rest today are you :lol:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks a good'un:thumbs: good price aswell:) ciao daz

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes kev just relaxing at home ,am not going to be doing much today as for marks car its solid all round and has a few little rust scabs that will need doing in the future but they are only surface rust .
mark will be coming round in it today so im going to have a little drive in it and i will take some better pictures.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice looking car. My first car was a sud series 2 Ti, loved it. Wish him all the best with it :)

I actually bought my series 1 of Steve, was a long way to go for it but was worth the trip.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Where on earth does Steve find all these gems?!! :eek: :)

Looks nice, good luck with it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It looks like the car that John from Justsuds brought to Yorkshire Alfa day.
It had just been MOT'd.
It was a really nice Series 2 Sud,
I believe it used to belong to Colin Metcalfe who runs the Alfasud register of the AROC. I'm not sure if he bought it and then resold it back to the original owner (or something like that).

Great car!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It had just been MOT'd.
I believe it used to belong to Colin Metcalfe who runs the Alfasud register of the AROC. I'm not sure if he bought it and then resold it back to the original owner (or something like that).

Great car!
dave do you remember seeing the sud then.
mark came round today and we went for a drive in it,it was good to be in a sud ti and while we were out we popped to my garage so took a couple of pics of both of them.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It had just been MOT'd.

Great car!
that is where i remember seeing the little white TI yorkshire alfa day

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as my battery is flat on my 145 since i came back off holiday my brother has lent me his sud so went and drove it back to my house this afternoon and it was good to drive so cannot wait to go to work tomorrow and drive the sud again.:thumbs:
only thing is will have to give it back tomorrow night.:(

G

·
as my battery is flat on my 145 since i came back off holiday my brother has lent me his sud so went and drove it back to my house this afternoon and it was good to drive so cannot wait to go to work tomorrow and drive the sud again.:thumbs:
only thing is will have to give it back tomorrow night.:(
not if you do a runner with it :thumbs: pick me up on the way through :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
...my brother mark in the sud ti and me in the 147 diesel and the sud sat quite happily at 80 all the way(not bad for a 19 year old car).
- Even better for one that's 29 years old :thumbs:

My 'Sud has a GPS-monitored top speed of 97 mph, not too shabby either. Looks like a great little car, the Ti, I have yet to see a S2 'Sud in the flesh, but white seems to fit them nicely.

·
Registered
355 Posts
97mph for a 1200 is pretty good, close to what Alfa quoted when new I think? I once saw 115mph on the speedo of my S1 1300 ti, I'm sure it wasnt doing 115mph but it still felt impressive (a long time ago when I was young and stupid).

Pat - sorry to ask again, but would your brother want the s2 1500 ti engine that is in my garage, it is free for collection?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts