Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( They're really getting on my nerves now. :mad: Anyone had any similar problems? How do I stop them? They squeal all the time until I put my foot on the brakes.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Sounds like you need your pads taking out and the surfaces that come into contact with the calipers want cleaning and then copper greasing :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Could be the make of pad :rolleyes:
What brand did you fit ???? were they cheapies ???? :confused:

Are your discs surfaces grooved or corroded ????

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like OE stuff reading your other post Chris, I had the same for while but it went away. Never had it with non-OE pads :confused:

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The discs arn't lookin to clever and I'll have to replace the pads after I cooked them last night. I just thought i'd see if anyone had come across it before. I'll change that lot and see how it is.

Thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh sorry speedy. The pads are oe at the mo and the front discs are a bit blued. Rears are corroded but they're not too bad.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you need to put copper grease ALL over the backs of the pads..while you have them out shamfer the edges so there are no sharpe edges left on them.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
its not the little brass thingys that are made to squeel to let you know to change em is it they sit at one edge of the pad poss surrounded by plastic ,

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the discs are badly worn what sometimes causes squealing noises is the (metal) edge of the brake pad touching the raised lip of the outside edge of the disc when you brake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts