Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have recently taken the plunge and bought my first alfa and i am now wondering why i put it off for so long!

I do have one problem though, the bootchanger in my 147 is dead, it is not recieving any power by my guess. the stereo just says 'cd error' when i select the source and when i press the eject button on the changer absolutely nothing happens! I have the full bose set up in there if that makes any difference!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
608 Posts
First thing I'd do is remove the head unit and check the connections at the back. It may be that the one for the changer has come loose and therefore it isn't receiving power.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I had this very issue with my GT. I checked all the connections behind the head unit, ok, checked the connections behind the cd changer ok, perplexed, I purchased a new cd changer, plugged it in, no joy. So, I chased the cable from the head unit back to the cd changer, well, by the time I'd reached the rear seat, I found a small box in the cabling, opened it and hey presto it contained a fuse, I changed this fuse and everything lit up and off we went. Now why Alfa find it neccesary to put a fuse in the middle of a cable then hide it under a seat and under a carpet I don't know, but this information might help...................................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts