Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As previously mentioned, I was wrting a book on the 156 GTA. Now, I finished! The baby has 300 pages in A4 with about 780 pictures, mostly in color. It's not only a book on the 156 GTA (about 155 pages) but also on the history of the V6 (50 pages), including all the prototypes which were equipped with it, and some exotic cars such as the Vertigo. There is also a chapter on the GTA story (Giulia and 155 with exclusive documents from japan about the 155 GTA-Z). The preface is written by Andrea de Adamich who also gives me some unpublished pictures. A huge part (about 60 pages) is dedicated to the 156 GTA S2000 with documents provided by Marco Calovolo, the engineer responsible of the developement of this car and many other from Joao (from Portugal) about the Estoril race of 2003...

Here is a pic of the cover (ah, yes, sorry... it's only in french;) ).
The book is not available trough the traditional book strores because I'm my own editor. It's only available via my website (GTV6 ) or via some manifestations such as spa Italia, etc. Enjoy it!

Here are some views of the inside pages :

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Folks if you want to see bigger shots of the pages inside take the .th out of the link as that forces a thumbnail sized image ;)

At rs200, nice work mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

·
Vendor
45,288 Posts
I didn't... did you never see the thread?
I totally missed that, damn I would have loved to attend. That racer looks mint, even re-located his front calipers to between the two axles for better weight distribution.. Did you get to see under the carbon sheild under the bonnet? I'm guessing 4 tasty throttle bodies under there.. :D :wow:

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
So when is the English version coming out...

Go on RS200 you know you want to.

I would definitely buy a copy if you did.

Although I can get by in French I don't think I am up to reading a technical book with holiday French.

Perhaps you could read the words out to me over the phone.:lol:

Any plans for an English version.....?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm my own publisher!
Of course doing an english version would be great but I'm not able to translate my work, english is not my mother language and I'm not enough fluent with it, unfortunately. Maybe if I find somebody, enough expert in both languages... sorry again!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'm my own publisher!
Of course doing an english version would be great but I'm not able to translate my work, english is not my mother language and I'm not enough fluent with it, unfortunately. Maybe if I find somebody, enough expert in both languages... sorry again!
I'm sure if you sent someone the text in French they could put of through google translate and then amend any errors and grammar

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure if you sent someone the text in French they could put of through google translate and then amend any errors and grammar

Could be an idea... I'll make some tests next week!
But for "Spa Italia", it will be to short! I'll be there with the french version, both days, on Belgian Alfa Club place!

Sheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As suggested by some members, I tried to translate few first lines of my book, via google ad than some cahnges from me...
Let me know what you fell with it :

"1.1. Alfa Romeo: no only sporty Coupes !

It is likely that most of those who run Alfa Romeo today are not interested in the fact they drive a car that is the result of a story that will be undred-year-old in 2010. The story of a car brand characterized by an ongoing commitment in research, both sport and style. Yet one can only understand the process that led to the production of the 156 GTA if we go back to the distant roots of the mark to which this model belongs.
Alfa Romeo has therefore since the beginning of its history developed road cars that have been derived for competition. Whether racing circuit cars (from the queen category, Formula 1, to "tourism" cars) or rally cars, the Alfa Romeo have won many victories and many world, European and national titles. Traditionally, one make association between the sporty character of a car and the body type of this car : open bodywork such as "spiders" or "Barchettas" and bodywork with only two doors, often called 'Coupé' or 'Gran Turismo', symbolize this concept of "sportsmanship". Of course, the production of such GT and Spiders is the foundation of the name “Alfa Romeo”, the most beautiful examples are probably among the beautiful lines of "sports cars" such as the 2300 8c, the 6C2500 Super Sport , the Villa d'Este, the Freccia d'Oro, the 8C2900 Lungo, the Disco Volante, the Tipo 33 and the Montreal. But along with the production of these beautiful and elegant sports coupe, Alfa Romeo has also developed very early another feature which is now part of the "genetic" in the mark and whose the 156 GTA is the last heir in date : it is the invention of the concept of the sports sedan, "the family car that wins races” !
To paraphrase a slogan sometimes used by Alfa Romeo as "the origins of the species”, this chapter will describe the line of sports sedans from which the 156 GTA is descended from. "

Thanks a lot!

Xavier

C

·
0 Posts
5 mins work but...

"1.1. Alfa Romeo: Not only sporty Coupes !

It is likely that most of those who run Alfa Romeo today are not interested in the fact they drive a car that is the result of a story that will be a hundred years old in 2010. The story of a car brand characterized by an ongoing commitment in research, both in sport and style. Yet one can only understand the process that led to the production of the 156 GTA if we go back to the distant roots of the mark to which this model belongs.
Alfa Romeo has therefore since the beginning of its history developed road cars that have been derived for competition. Whether racing circuit cars (from the Formula 1, to touring cars) or rally cars, Alfa Romeos have won many victories and many world, European and national titles. Traditionally, ???one make association between the sporty character of a car and the body type of this car ???: open bodywork such as "spiders" or "Barchettas" and bodywork with only two doors, often called 'Coupé' or 'Gran Turismo', symbolize this concept of "sportsmanship". Of course, the production of such GT and Spiders is the foundation of the name “Alfa Romeo”, the most beautiful examples are probably among the beautiful lines of "sports cars" such as the 2300 8c, the 6C2500 Super Sport , the Villa d'Este, the Freccia d'Oro, the 8C2900 Lungo, the Disco Volante, the Tipo 33 and the Montreal. But along with the production of these beautiful and elegant sports coupes, Alfa Romeo has also developed very early another feature which is now part of the "genetic" in the mark and the 156 GTA is the last heir to date : it is the invention of the concept of the sports sedan, "the family car that wins races” !
To paraphrase a slogan sometimes used by Alfa Romeo as "the origin of the species”, this chapter will describe the line of sports sedans from which the 156 GTA is descended from.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts