Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on how to get rid of it without surgery?

I walk 20-30 miles a week, I try to cycle 20 miles a week, I'm drinking and eating less. I've lost weight from my arms and legs and am down to the three chins. However, my midriff remains stubbornly large.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Targeted exercise. Sit ups, crunches, plank etc. Or patience. It will go when there is no more fat to burn elsewhere on your body.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Cut down on carbs (yes, beer included) and concentrate on firming up the abs. You need a range of exercises to do that, working on upper, lower abs, obliques and also your back. It's hard work!

C

·
0 Posts
You will find that the best way is to do regular sit ups. They will help tighten up the stomach and lose the fat.
Obviously, lay off the fatty stuff and just cutting down on Alcohol will help.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Find a hill and run up it (about 1min) and walk back down.

Do this about 8-10 times, twice a week. I've lost about two stone doing sprints, mostly off my stomach, but it's been a gradual process. I've changed my diet slightly, avoidiing the food van at lunchtime in favour of a sandwich. :D

·
Vendor
45,308 Posts
Start training with heavy weights. If you lay on half a stone of muscle on your chest, shoulders and back, it will make your stomach appear much smaller. It will also increase your base metabolic rate and should help with weight loss.

Also, hold your stomach in all the time. Its good for core strength and posture. Any improvement to your abs will improve the look of your stomach.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sit ups alone will make a difference,stick your feet under the bottom of your bed or setee (stops your feet and legs flying up in the air :lol:)and away you go!

Build up the ammount you do gradually,as early over enthusiasm can be painful !:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts