Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I go on holiday and book the Alfa in for a full service & new ARB while Im off. They do the work (£500 bill!) but as my mate (its his garage) is bringing me the car back this happens:

Not his fault and the woman who drove into him accpted full liability (this is her car!)

Anyway, shes been written off and they have given me a fair price back : £3,500 for a 2004 53 plate 1.9JTD Mjet Veloce, 92,000 miles. according to my mate, thats the CAP retail price.

So, I think I'm going to try to find a nice late model 156 JTD 16vMjet TI if I can, with the GTA seats and the 150 engine etc, or I might consider another veloce. There is a possiblity on ebay at the moment, but I'd like a few less miles (its 92,000 I think) as I do 20,000 miles a year and would like to keep for a couple of years

If anyone sees one, let me know!!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Bad luck :(

·
Registered
529 Posts
feel gutted for you, hate to see such a beatiful car in that state :cry:
should be able to pick a decent one up for 3500 got my 54 plate veloce ( tho its a petrol ) for that price over a year ago.
how is there such little damage to her car in comparison, looks like your alfa has hit a wall :wow:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mine went almost exactly the same way:cry:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry to see that :(

But I can't work out what happened. Was he stationary at the Yield and she ploughed into him?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah, its a double mini roundabout, he was turning right round it, She had stopped at the first give way, but not at the second. Its right outside my house and I always drive defensively because I know people dont stop (an old boy ran into my old mx5 when my wife was driving it exactly the same way) He didnt know to watch for her not stopping.

Its crazy, the chassis legs have just folded right. If they wern't such good looking cars I wouldnt get another!!

these were some before shots :cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
is the 156 really that bad at folding in an accident then ?? :eek:

i suppose it is quite an old design now
Yes. Think a structurally unsound beer can:(

My car fell apart after a glancing blow from a Pug 106 doing 40mph.

It was totalled with engine & gearbox damage.

The Pug had relatively minor damage & was still driveable:eek:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
the 156 absorbed the impact and cushioned the driver rather well
:thumbs: Yeah, I think they are supposed to fold like that to protect the occupants - if they didn't all the force the car absorbed would have gone through those inside.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ v-kash: If that was the 16v 1.9 I would be on my way to buy it mate! (well that and it had only done 70,000 miles!) Nice looking car though!

My mate has done his back and neck in, but its a valid point, I suppose they are supposed to crumple!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts