Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Beautiful car James - that colour is really nice too.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Mark, next on the list is some blackline/cloverleaf front grills to modernise it a little :)

D

·
0 Posts
Cracking paint finish on it and doesn't the tan leather compliment it :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
WOW :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
nice thread Jiberson.

I also had a mini cooper before the GT. I changed virtually everything on and inside it. Motorway power was non existent and it was uncomfortable being next to a lorry! The clutch pedal was horrendously strong, to the point where I couldn't change gear smoothly ...yours the same? eventually the electrics started going wonky and an ex girlfriend suggested looking at alfa romeo as she'd done some advertising for them. Happy to say the GT outlasted her :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice thread Jiberson.

I also had a mini cooper before the GT. I changed virtually everything on and inside it. Motorway power was non existent and it was uncomfortable being next to a lorry! The clutch pedal was horrendously strong, to the point where I couldn't change gear smoothly ...yours the same? eventually the electrics started going wonky and an ex girlfriend suggested looking at alfa romeo as she'd done some advertising for them. Happy to say the GT outlasted her :D
I had the cooper s which wasn't too bad on the motorway if you could ignore the drone from the exhaust and the wind noise, and the fact you could feel every little bump.
The clutch pedal was very heavy and short, which is why I'm amazed people say the one on the GT is heavy! Gear changes were a bit clunky but all the electrics were spot on apart from the one headlamp that would decide not to work every now and then. The reason I got rid was because of the non existent suspension, fun at first then after about a year painful!

The GT is a different animal, not as fast but I'm working on that, but much more comfortable, nicer to drive and sit in and nicer to look at. Have no plans to rid of mine for a very long time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts