Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first thread..So..Hi.. :D :D

I recently bought a 2005 GT JTS Selepseed..absolutely loving it..every single time after got back home I cant help to stay in car park few minutes just to admire her beautify..

I have previously owned a 2003 156 selespeed for two years, and experience was with love and hate just like any other Alfa owner..had to visit my mechanic pretty much every three months for new issues that came up..sold it Sep last year before the 80K major service and bought a merc c180 kompressor..even with a supercharged engine it is way slower than my 156..the only fun part was its real-wheel drive.. I was unfortunate to have a problematic merc ( yes, merc!!) that nearly cost me 3k but the problems still not fixed..

Till I saw this beautiful GT.. on the same day, traded in the Merc…NY gift for me..Now welcome me back to the Italian family!!

Just have few questions: I have been told not to touch selespeed.. well, based on my own experience as well…but again, I got another selespeed…according to some reviews, post-05 model GT, the selespeed system is much better than the 156 as it got some re-mapping and updates.. are these GTs truly a lot reliable than 156? In what ways they are better? What are the potential issues that these GTs have? When downshifting, it seems not that smooth as my previous 156, is this normal? I feel my GT is way lighter than 156, is this because GT is based on 147?

Thank you very much indeed!!

snowysea, sydney

·
Registered
119 Posts
The sele GT is a rare car in the UK. I have one and also think it's great.
Coming from a 156 sele I think it's a much improved system and so far (2 years +) has ben faultless.
I do find in City mode when slowing down that it down-changes too quickly and very abruptly, which makes braking around town very jerky.
I think there was an update to the s/w 3 years ago but don't know what it does.
Joe

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Congrats on buying one of the best looking cars on the road today! :thumbs:

Regards the lightness, the GT has the 147 interior, but is loosely based on the 156 SW believe it or not.

Hope the gearbox keeps working for you, fingers crossed it serves you well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sele GT is a rare car in the UK. I have one and also think it's great.
Coming from a 156 sele I think it's a much improved system and so far (2 years +) has ben faultless.
I do find in City mode when slowing down that it down-changes too quickly and very abruptly, which makes braking around town very jerky.
I think there was an update to the s/w 3 years ago but don't know what it does.
Joe
Glad to see that we have similar experience of upgrading 156 to GT...I found it both in 156 and GT, when up-shifting, from Gear 2 onwards, ( eg 2>3>4>5) it always feels smoothier than from Gear 1 to 2. do you have the same experience?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts