Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

basically my car had been under shelter over winter my mate had put batt on charge etc what i noticed was that i couldnt lock or unlock the car meaning when i stuck the key in the ignition it just set the alarm of and i couldnt turn it off ie by using the key fob i replaced battery in key fob. will i have to use the master key and code etc to reset alarm etc if so how do i do this cheers guys in advance .. as i one my mates wanted to take some readings off the ecu for some remap stuff but because the alarm keep goin off was bit of a pain in the ass lol :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
When either the Cup or the Spider has gone completely flat, they have both re-started OK with normal ignition key after battery re-charge.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok me mate said he recharge batt up to full see what happens i havent ever had any problems like this b4 so fingers crossed it be ok ..

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Usually it's inevitable that the alarm sounds when fitting the terminals back onto the battery of the GTV as the boot will be open. Keep the key fob close at hand while you do this, (not in the ignition in case the central locking arms itself). It sometimes takes two attempts at priming and turning off alarm via the fob to get the noise to stop. I have found that when there is hardly any power left in the battery the windows will stay in 'auto drop' position and the two goes with the fob seem to correct this. Hope all goes well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts