Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my car the ASR light on the ASR button is on for a few seconds and then goes off indicating that the ASR is on ... but when I put my foot down the wheels just spin, the warning on the rev counter flashes to indicate that ASR is cutting in ... but the wheels just spin, I'm sure before the car used to cut the power and it was noticeable, but not anymore

What could it be???

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
No idea mate, but I don't think you need traction control anyway..

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
When I start my car the ASR light on the ASR button is on for a few seconds and then goes off indicating that the ASR is on ... but when I put my foot down the wheels just spin, the warning on the rev counter flashes to indicate that ASR is cutting in ... but the wheels just spin, I'm sure before the car used to cut the power and it was noticeable, but not anymore

What could it be???
Burning clutch smell ??

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
It cuts in so late you can get the wheels to spin up pretty easily anyway. I always turn it off anyway. :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea mate, but I don't think you need traction control anyway..
If I'm feeling lazy I just like to put my foot and let the 'puter deal with it ...

Burning clutch smell ??
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... not yet :thumbs:

It cuts in so late you can get the wheels to spin up pretty easily anyway. I always turn it off anyway. :D
I must admit it was never really that good, yes I could easily get the wheels to spin up ... but last night (in the poring rain) I thought I'd see how long it took to cut in and it didn't :(

(doesn't help that I've got crap Dunlop tyres on at the moment)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Don't worry about it. You don't need driver aids... They are for wimps. ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts