Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after Christmas, some A**hole drove into the back of my Spider and tried to blame me!:lol: Anyways, things are now starting to come together and she left for the body shop today. In her place arrived a Diesel Vauxhall Insignia SRi:eek::rant:

After my initial disgust and tut of how ugly the car is, i went for a blast:cool: Can't find a comfortable driving position, stereo is awful, its as ugly as sin!:rolleyes:

But!........Boy does that thing shift:wow::wow::wow: The torque is unbelievable:cool:

I'll never have one though, but i will possibly loose my license with this one!:tut:

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Merlin!, i know they are hideous, but! the power of that thing is incredible, took on a few of the BMW boys today and blew them into the weeds!:lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Scary world we live in. Someone went into the back of my GTV last week and I currently have a 2.0l Turbo Insignia SRI (Petrol) sitting in the drive!

It does shift

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
fiat 2.0 mjet then, same as the 159, bravo, astra etc:D good engine

if its the twin,which it should be in the sri (maybe), thats 190bhp although that would also be 4wd? most powerful single is 160bhp and 350nm of torque.

so if its 4wd its the bi 190
if not its either 130 or 160

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
Its a 2.0L Sy!
They are an impressive engine (For a Diesel :D)

My Work has just bought 2 Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 Diesel Automatics.

Normally the words Vauxhall People Carrier Diesel Automatic would fill me full of horror but it is a great engine.

Just a shame about the rest of it...

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fiat 2.0 mjet then, same as the 159, bravo, astra etc:D good engine

if its the twin,which it should be in the sri (maybe), thats 190bhp although that would also be 4wd? most powerful single is 160bhp and 350nm of torque.

so if its 4wd its the bi 190
if not its either 130 or 160
Red you do know your stuff:) Its a 160 i believe!?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Red you do know your stuff:) Its a 160 i believe!?
cheers:D

the new 2.0 mjet is a cracking engine in any form, as powerful as the 2.4, as eco as the 1.9, shame its a 4 pot though and slightly tractorish, even the lowest 110 has 260nm of torque:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
When my 156 got smacked by a wagon with a blind driver the insurance company kindly fixed me up with a Vectra 1.8. What a complete heap that thing was, absolutely useless at everything except driving on a motorway at 70. It was so pathetically inept along a favourite stretch of twisty road that I almost felt sorry for it.

Presumably the Insignia is better but it looks like a sperm whale on wheels.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Presumably the Insignia is better but it looks like a sperm whale on wheels.
:cheese::lol:

That is exzactly what it looks like Freddie:lol: The handling genes have been passed on as its not much use on the bends either, i had that Deja vue feeling that i used to get when i owned Saabs (very vague), but! in a straight line it pulls like a train! In the drivers seat i feel like im driving a people carrier as it is huge both inside and outside if you understand me!?

Im just amazed at the speed of it with just a 2.0 Diesel engine and the size of the shell, it really is as others have said a great but clattery engine. The Gearbox is awful but its loaded with extras galore:wow:

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
I had a drive in a later shape vectra quite recently.

It was a 2.0 Diesel but it was the GM engine. What a pile of junk that was, it was slow didn't handle and was clattery.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I had a drive in a later shape vectra quite recently.

It was a 2.0 Diesel but it was the GM engine. What a pile of junk that was, it was slow didn't handle and was clattery.
im sure they didnt do 2.0 diesel in the vectra c, it was either the 1.9cdti from fiat or the v6 from izuzu:confused:

or do you mean the one before the latest, they were really poo izuzu ones again:lol:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I like comparing it to the Vectra it has replaced - that it looks quite smart.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Other Half had a play with an Insignia SRi at Rockingham Raceway - he says it had plenty of power and handled well until he cooked the brakes and over ran at the first corner after the banked start/finish curve, very scary moment apparently!

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
im sure they didnt do 2.0 diesel in the vectra c, it was either the 1.9cdti from fiat or the v6 from izuzu:confused:

or do you mean the one before the latest, they were really poo izuzu ones again:lol:
It was definitely a 2.0 and the later shape I think it was 52 plate.

I don't know much more about it because my interest in Vauxhalls is pretty limited.

K

·
0 Posts
I can vouch for the poo-ness of the Isuzu powered old shape Vecs as we had a couple at work. Appalling in every way. We had a new shape one too and that wasn't a lot better. And those ruddy indicators!

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
Our works Zafira has those indicators as well. :rant:

Also it has an odd shaped Handbrake. I suppose that is better than a foot operated Parking brake as fitted by Mercedes..

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Our works Zafira has those indicators as well. :rant:

Also it has an odd shaped Handbrake. I suppose that is better than a foot operated Parking brake as fitted by Mercedes..
oh them touch ones that dont cancel:lol: yeah there irritating a bit, especially when you try and cancel it yourself and it starts indicating the other way:rant::lol:

and symon, your right, the 2.0dti unit was replaced by the 1.9cdti(mjet) unit in 2004:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts