Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, just thought id post a link to my alfa on ebay.
has a misfire and needs two coilpacks
Very sad day for me as i love her to bits but my fiancee basically gave me the ultimatum of the car or her :lol: as we are due to marry in may next year so savings are needed :eek:
I am going from the alfa into an 05 corsa sxi in silver............not amused, but a saving of £600 a year for us on insurance. After the wedding i will be back!!!!!
Im in scunthorpe if anyone wants a look. i'll also consider any offers on her as she has to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....39209&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been offered £200 by the guy who lives across the road for it ( has his own car sales bit at his bodyshop) but thought i'd advertise it in other places for a week and see what happens. If i had the time/space, id break it myself and sell but dont have either!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well......shes sold! £343....better than scrap but still goes to show they arent worth much nowadays!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Always amazes me how little an Alfa can be had for these days, I know they have their problems but doesn't everything!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is a shame but i guess peoples pre-conceived mis conceptions play a big part.......it is a bit of a lucky dip when you buy a twinny though!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Its a bit of a lucky dip whichever car you buy now! Even new ones! But im not going to start a debate about German cars no longer being reliable.........I will just state that i had to jump start a brand new Audi the other week with my Alfa ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bit of an update really this post.
as i said previously the alfa went on sunday and im already getting sentimental about her going!
Longing glances at other 156s, and it doesnt help that a guy round the corner has a lovely red v6 (anyone on her btw?)
Having to drive a corsa can only be described as s**t!! :rant:
The gear box feels clunky and rubbish, the interior cheap and tacky, and dont get me started on the handling (lack of) and body roll!
All i will say is i hope the mrs(to be) makes it worth my while next may because at the minute i am not amused!!
rant over!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Glad to see you got a bit more than first expected for the 156. Maybe you could loosen the plugs on the window switchs and wet your carpets you would feel more at home then in the Corsa. Depending on model of Corsa you could pass the time playing find the shark!!!!

You'll be back soon, and the misses should be making it worth it now not waiting till next May:lol:All the best Chris.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,457 Posts
Pretty much what Chris said Scott.

I do know where there is a GTV TS going cheep cheep.............:D

G

·
Unfortunately Scott I'm in the same position her in doors wont allow me to have another until after our house move, so I know what your going through. Nige whats this GTV I hope your not just teasing the unfortunate few :tut:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,457 Posts
Unfortunately Scott I'm in the same position her in doors wont allow me to have another until after our house move, so I know what your going through. Nige whats this GTV I hope your not just teasing the unfortunate few :tut:
Steve, smuscian, is selling his, you might get a discount and I might get commission ! :cheese:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts