Alfa Romeo Forum banner

my Alfa Mito QV 'GTA' limited edition

15330 Views 129 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  rhenry95
so i though it was about time to post some pics of my new mito QV.
i know its not a real GTA... BUT its my GTA! taken a month to complete, but all done now...
well nearly, have a few gadgets to add on yet.

would like to here your feedback, good or bad i dont care. but obvs its my own taste and imagination put into this project.
;)
before the trip to the bodyshop i chopped the diffuser, removed front grills, fitted exhaust & induction kit....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
after its return and me not trying to :D all day at work....
bodykit fitted, grills and diffuser in gloss black.
i fitted new flat base steering wheel with alcantara inserts, cloverleaf gear knob, gta custom mats and head rest and badge ;)

Attachments

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who did the work for you?

Looks like it needs to be lowered abit now to fill out the archs.
My local bodyshop painted and fittes the kit. (Know all the guys there) ;) and i did the rest. I know what you mean about the arches but dont want to screw up the adaptive suspension. And would only want to lower it by 20mm max but there no spings out there that size.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lowered + spacers. apart from that its well smart mate fair play
Defo gonna look into spacers and springs soon. Only issue is that that front splitter sits a inch lower than the orginal bumper. So if i lowered it by another 30mm i risk scuffing the bottom.

Looks good - but get yourself a smart aluminium tax disc holder and ditch the white thing!

Where did you get the steering wheel from?
Already got a black ally tax disc holder but wernt to keen...
Steering wheel was custom made, ordered on ebay from some guy in poland. Did a great job.
But would proberbly cheap to use a uk company, send them ur wheel to be refubished.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251289963...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=251289963366&_rdc=1

Attachments

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really nice.
Good luck with keeping your wheels pristine. Mine are starting to corrode. I am waiting to hear back from Alfa about a warrantee claim.
Ahh yes the dreaded laqure peeling an corrosion. Gonna try to wipe them down one a week and superguard them every month. Proberbly wont make a difference though.... Only time will tell

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers, its a reshaped alfa mito wheel with new materials.
Induction kit is proper loud underload! Can barely here the exhaust over it, which will not do. So im debating fitting a straigh though pipe.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Shall we get back to the point of the thread after someone has stopped trying to wind up Mito owners.

Can I ask the OP what ICE he has in his car, I like the look of it, what manufacturer is it? Is it good?

Another point from the OP, I do regret not getting Tornado Blue :-( I just can't keep Etna clean.
Cheers buddy, i have the optional extra radionav and bose system when i ordered the car. I must admit, and knew about it before hand but the satnav sytem is far from the best... But i bought the system as i hate aftermarket touch screens. And i get along well with the blue and me system. As got the radionav for its large size screen- going to plug in a ps2 to play games amd watch films. Also gonna put a dab adaptor on it to. :D

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Only real issues is you can use a full postcode... But i have a app to convert postcode to gps coordinates. And its a shame it dont show a boost gauge (and g-force meter?) like in the G's optional satnav

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Cool project :cool: love the interior. It has the looks, but what about the power and handling to call it a GTA :) but the wheels I am really not a fan of.
Cheers dude. The power will be coming, just want to 'wear' the engine in. Going to put a straight through exhaust, maybe a sports cat, then chip it and see what happens?
Oh and if i win the lottery i will shove a 1750 G engine in it.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Like the exhaust, need to do the engine mods and sucking warm air from just behind a turbo seems slightly mad to me.

Looking forward to the next stage Pinky, not sure you can call it a GTA though, Gran Turismo Alleggerita does mean lightened, bodykits tend to add weight, although stainless exhaust is possibly a bit lighter.

GK
Humm yeah i no what you mean about the likeness, but stripping out rear seats and chucking in sabelts will be for the track days ;)

Ive tried to elminate the warm air, as ive remived the trim under corner off bumper/wing allowing cold air and put a pannel between engine and filter.
Also when i removed grills to be painted, i cut a hole in the trim pannel to create a forced cold air feed pipe... So i should make a little bit off difference..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.