Alfa Romeo Forum banner

my Alfa Mito QV 'GTA' limited edition

15326 Views 129 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  rhenry95
so i though it was about time to post some pics of my new mito QV.
i know its not a real GTA... BUT its my GTA! taken a month to complete, but all done now...
well nearly, have a few gadgets to add on yet.

would like to here your feedback, good or bad i dont care. but obvs its my own taste and imagination put into this project.
;)
before the trip to the bodyshop i chopped the diffuser, removed front grills, fitted exhaust & induction kit....

Attachments

1 - 14 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Really wow! I need to do some studying... Theres always ecu downloads available, mainly to fix stop start issues. To play it safe i would pesonally just make a note on the job-card/tell the service adviser NOT to carry out any reprogrames...
I think It has something to do with a full ecu update. It completely updates the ecu with a totally new programme and not just update the bits.

Ok good idea. So are you open on Saturdays?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Can only assume the baffles are bent out to redirect the gases aroun the rest of the exhaust..
So got my Leaver bar and hamer out and some round pipeing, 10 mins later and this is how its looks.
Unfortunatly after bolting it all back up and started the car there was hardly any sound diffrence! Even under load :rant:
Oh well back to the drawing board....
How many miles has this car done?

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Here's the video guys. Only revved up to 3 1/2 rpm. Didn't want to annoy the neighbours... Sounds a lot louder and deeper in real life. 1st rev up is with flap closed and gases just going though silencer. 2nd rev up is with bypass flap open and gases exiting before silencer. And the rattling noise is when the flap in exhaust moves... Stupid Chinese engineering, get what you pay for I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZU6DZBOI4

Replaced 3way toggle switch provided with genuine lumbar support and heated seat switch which is from a Punto Evo
I like what you have done with most of the car, but, what the heck have you done to the exhaust?
It sounds like a circa 1940's war time diesel!!!!

This is not the way to treat an Alfa. Stand down my man and put she back. There's a reason why the exhaust on 99% of cars is at the back...

1 - 14 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.