Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i though it was about time to post some pics of my new mito QV.
i know its not a real GTA... BUT its my GTA! taken a month to complete, but all done now...
well nearly, have a few gadgets to add on yet.

would like to here your feedback, good or bad i dont care. but obvs its my own taste and imagination put into this project.
;)
before the trip to the bodyshop i chopped the diffuser, removed front grills, fitted exhaust & induction kit....

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
after its return and me not trying to :D all day at work....
bodykit fitted, grills and diffuser in gloss black.
i fitted new flat base steering wheel with alcantara inserts, cloverleaf gear knob, gta custom mats and head rest and badge ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
A lot of creativity going on in this forum. I like it! Where did you get the induction heat shield from? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nice job! Think maybe I'd like wing mirrors in blue also... othrwise top notch!
they match the light surrounds though. I would go for a high gloss black on light surrounds and wing mirrors to match the rear diffuser. Again thats just my opinion, looks top notch though :thumbs:

Who did the work for you?

Looks like it needs to be lowered abit now to fill out the archs.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of creativity going on in this forum. I like it! Where did you get the induction heat shield from? :)
Cheers :) got a sheet of aluminium for B&Q
http://m.diy.com/mt/www.diy.com/nav/build/building-materials/builders-metal-work/metal_sheet_panels/-specificproducttype-smooth_aluminium_panel/Smooth-Aluminium-Panel-Aluminium-Coloured-L-500mm-W-250mm-9284154?skuId=9293854&tab=rev&un_jtt_redirect
Bent it into shape and painted. The got the rubber edging of a old tool box of mine.
Only issues is after a long blast, it does get hot and flimsy, so may try and find a thicker sheet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who did the work for you?

Looks like it needs to be lowered abit now to fill out the archs.
My local bodyshop painted and fittes the kit. (Know all the guys there) ;) and i did the rest. I know what you mean about the arches but dont want to screw up the adaptive suspension. And would only want to lower it by 20mm max but there no spings out there that size.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks good - but get yourself a smart aluminium tax disc holder and ditch the white thing!

Where did you get the steering wheel from?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lowered + spacers. apart from that its well smart mate fair play
Defo gonna look into spacers and springs soon. Only issue is that that front splitter sits a inch lower than the orginal bumper. So if i lowered it by another 30mm i risk scuffing the bottom.

Looks good - but get yourself a smart aluminium tax disc holder and ditch the white thing!

Where did you get the steering wheel from?
Already got a black ally tax disc holder but wernt to keen...
Steering wheel was custom made, ordered on ebay from some guy in poland. Did a great job.
But would proberbly cheap to use a uk company, send them ur wheel to be refubished.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251289963366;jsessionid=50E581B9E498A5F02D244B782C3A9CD8?ru=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=251289963366&_rdc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really nice.
Good luck with keeping your wheels pristine. Mine are starting to corrode. I am waiting to hear back from Alfa about a warrantee claim.
Ahh yes the dreaded laqure peeling an corrosion. Gonna try to wipe them down one a week and superguard them every month. Proberbly wont make a difference though.... Only time will tell

·
Registered
407 Posts
What type of steering wheel did you fit and i love the colour and mods you have done, is the induction kit noisy under normal conditions i have a bmc panel filter in my qv you can hear the turbo chatter but you dont get to much roar which can be a bit over powering i was thinking about a gsr induction kit

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers, its a reshaped alfa mito wheel with new materials.
Induction kit is proper loud underload! Can barely here the exhaust over it, which will not do. So im debating fitting a straigh though pipe.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts