Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just registered as a member having found this Forum for the first time even though I have owned Alfa's for the past 20 years. My first Alfa was a 1.5 33 which was purchased new in 1987. About a year later I succumbed to the addiction I have both endured/enjoyed since - a 1988 75 1.8. After 20 years of ownership and the occassional flirtation with other cars along the way I still enjoy owning and driving it. My 75 is in very original condition (I average less than 6,000 kilometers a year) apart from fitting koni dampers, uprated brakes (good quality pads and fluid), and most recently a change to 15" wheels and lower profile tyres (185x55x15). This last change has been the most dramatic improvement in handling and ride and I have cursed myself for not doing it sooner. I sourced the alloys from an old GTV of around the same vintage and the tyres are Hankook Ventus K102 - I said I would never buy other than michelin/pirelli but I think one gets less dogmatic as the years go by.

From what I seen on the site I look forward to reading people's experiences and keeping up with Alfa news.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Welcome....... and where are the pics ? :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello :)