·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thats awesome mate.

Some excellent beading. Are you on Detailingworld.com?

What you using to get that beading?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That is beautiful. I must put more effort into my Nuvola blue 147. New clutch, stainless exhaust system, rear wiper motor, gear selector and bumper support drop legs due in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats awesome mate.

Some excellent beading. Are you on Detailingworld.com?

What you using to get that beading?
Thank you ��

Started with bilt hamber auto clay bar (medium) which uses water as it's lubricant

Then bilt hamber polish

Followed by yes u guessed it bilt hamber hydra wax

Finished this with bilt hamber finis-wax

All done by hand - no DA polisher

No I don't work for bilt hamber. Their range was recommended by my brother. He was won awards for his MK1 golf GTI

It will be going on detailing world once my account is approved

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is beautiful. I must put more effort into my Nuvola blue 147. New clutch, stainless exhaust system, rear wiper motor, gear selector and bumper support drop legs due in the next few weeks.
Thanks DaveAlfa147 - I was nervous about the nuvola, but for a 1st attempt at touching up a bit of rust I was more than happy with the result.

Nuvola blue really is a fantastic colour which sometimes is almost bland and others simply stunning

·
Registered
988 Posts
Very nice work. The Bilt Hamber stuff really should be more popular. Just as an aside, I would have used Finis first and then topped with the lighter wax but the car really does look great

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Thanks DaveAlfa147 - I was nervous about the nuvola, but for a 1st attempt at touching up a bit of rust I was more than happy with the result.

Nuvola blue really is a fantastic colour which sometimes is almost bland and others simply stunning
I love the colour but find that it makes you pretty much invisible on the roads as it seems to all ways match the colour of the sky at any given moment. I am very intrested to see the colour match you achieved with the spray can. On the pictures it looks excellent but what is it like to the naked eye?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice work. The Bilt Hamber stuff really should be more popular. Just as an aside, I would have used Finis first and then topped with the lighter wax but the car really does look great
I use the hydra wax approx quarterly and then used the finis-wax as the winter protection for the first time this weekend.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the colour but find that it makes you pretty much invisible on the roads as it seems to all ways match the colour of the sky at any given moment. I am very intrested to see the colour match you achieved with the spray can. On the pictures it looks excellent but what is it like to the naked eye?

I've asked a few car folk if can the see where I am used a spray can and they have not been able to. Of course they could just be being polite :D (or apathetic)

Truthfully - at times I think I notice it - but then a cloud moves or i move and then I don't notice it - I suppose that could be a good thing :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts