Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Some night time LED Headlight photos...
The light colour looks spot on but the third picture doesn't look much distance on the beam were you going down hill?
I fancy doing these but got caught on with a set on my old car they were just ordinary halogen's but a lovely crisp white in colour but didn't illuminate the road any better than my standard ones

·
Registered
306 Posts
Some night time LED Headlight photos...
The light colour looks spot on but the third picture doesn't look much distance on the beam were you going down hill?
I fancy doing these but got caught on with a set on my old car they were just ordinary halogen's but a lovely crisp white in colour but didn't illuminate the road any better than my standard ones

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes you're right. I haven't checked the headlamp aim though they may be low.

What I should have done is taken a picture of what it was like with the original Halogen bulbs. What I can say is that the headlamps are much better with LED bulbs before you could hardly see that they were on at times!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My LED sidelight bulbs arrived today so I cracked on and fitted them. I bought 4 to start with 2 for the side lights and 2 for the rear number plate lights. Did the side lights first and had a slight disaster see photos but if this happens to you see the next photo for the solution! No errors on the dash and when you pop one out the dash tells you so the bulb failure works fine.

I'll post up pictures when it's dark. Might get some for the puddle lights too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Forgot to add that I fixed my rattling number plate light issue. Bent the clips and now they're both a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ok pictures as promised.... Sidelights on, indicator and sidelights on to show that the indicators can clearly be seen with them and sidelights with dipped beam.

There's also one of the rear number plate lights.

I went for 5 LED ones which are much whiter than the original bulbs but not too bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok pictures as promised.... Sidelights on, indicator and sidelights on to show that the indicators can clearly be seen with them and sidelights with dipped beam.

There's also one of the rear number plate lights.

I went for 5 LED ones which are much whiter than the original bulbs but not too bright.
looks great, good job

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sidelights look properly brilliant, I ordered some from eBay but now they're out of stock , does my head in that

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks good, I switched to hids but may be tempted to switch to leds depending on the light output in the dark. For the side lights I bought the led switch back bulbs from amazon Which act as drl's they compliment the dipped quite well. Not to everyone's taste granted but i quite like them
Like this idea. Which set did you buy, and are they just "plug and play"?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yes just plug and play. So far so good working fine with no errors. I think there's a link higher up the thread? If not I'll add one later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Like this idea. Which set did you buy, and are they just "plug and play"?
This is the set that i bought.
Its yes and no In regards to plug and play, there is an adapter in the box that you plug into the normal indicator bulb holder. It comes with a tiny Can bus control unit . you just push the led bulb into place. It has a rubber seal that fits snug into the housing. Howerver you need the 12v acc from one of the fuses next to the battery to trigger the drl. Everything is included in the box. It took me 15 mins to fit. I'll upload some pics when I'm back at home
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NGUKZVA/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just fitted the led bulbs, look better than the hids they replaced in my opinion. You weren't kidding though about the tight fit for the rear caps.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Tuning boxes up for discussion next. The guy I bought my replacement bonnet from had one on his 2.4 Brera and said it drove much better with more power and better economy.

So I decided to try one on my 1.9. It arrived and I fitted it on the supplied setting number 3 which they say gives the best compromise of performance and economy. I did my usual run of half motorway half fast A road. The fuel computer showed my best ever of 53.5 mpg. However at higher cruising speeds it didn't seem to run very well. After a day or two I tried setting 4 and then 5 which finally seemed to get better high speed performance. Tried my test run again and only managed to achieve 51.5 mpg.

After a few days I decided to revert the car back to standard. I didn't really notice any loss of performance and my test run yielded 51.5 mpg again so no loss of economy.

I did feel that at lower speeds and when accelerating hard from lower gears it pulled better with the tuning box but overall it was a disappointment.

So I'm back to standard and contemplating a remap at some point although to be honest I might just leave it as standard!

·
Registered
76 Posts

Attachments

41 - 60 of 146 Posts