Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Might have sold can't see it any more. There is someone in Poland selling them on £21 but I think they're aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agree, I would go for the carbon fibre - if I get a reply off him I'm going for this, would be a nice mod :classic:
The carbon looky likey on the ebay page is awful, looks really crap*. For the cost, why not buy a roll of decent 3m Carbonn vinyl and cover all of the bits you need for a fraction of the price? - All you need is a craft knife and a hairdryer....

*My fault for spending a lot of time with the real stuff

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The carbon looky likey on the ebay page is awful, looks really crap*. For the cost, why not buy a roll of decent 3m Carbonn vinyl and cover all of the bits you need for a fraction of the price? - All you need is a craft knife and a hairdryer....

*My fault for spending a lot of time with the real stuff
I have thought about this but it's getting the right wrap that will also fold neatly into the gauge pockets without creasing?
Dipping is the best option but there is nowhere local that do this, there is also a difference between being machine cut and a craft knife - Never looks as good?
I think this is a good idea that others should take up so we have a bit of competition?

·
Registered
865 Posts
You can buy the chrome ring set for the dials and vents for little money, I put these on years ago and it just lifted the dash, not to everyone's taste but everyone comments on them.
Sorry no links, might have a pic somewhere but I struggle posting pics here

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Turns out my problem with the fit of the kit around the climate control was more to do with my fitting. The strip along the bottom is quite thin and by edging it up a bit it looks much better.

If I was fitting it again I would paint the areas around the stereo and climate control satin black before fitting the kit as this would have given me a better edge. If you have a trim that's in good condition then it probably won't be a problem for you.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Had a messages back from Janusz, he sent me some patterns to modify for the Brera. I'll see how he gets on but I need to make him a pattern for the door and dash trims to make a full interior wrap.
He seems a good lad and very helpful - I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes I would like to have pieces for the dash and door trims too. I take it you're referring to the silver strips on the dash and door panels?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Yes I would like to have pieces for the dash and door trims too. I take it you're referring to the silver strips on the dash and door panels?
Yes - The plan is to have a full pattern made for the interior trim - dash, gearstick trim, dashboard strips & doors & door handles

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Perhaps more restoration than modification but I sorted out my steering wheel today. The silver plastic trim was very worn and really let the interior down.

Started by removing it which of course meant removing the air bag. Some photos are below basically I wet sanded it with 600 grit, washed it down and repainted it with Autosmart silver king. Had a few imperfections in it so flatted a few areas down again and gave it a few more coats.

Refitting was pretty straightforward. There's a few more potential modifications to come but more of those later.....

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Perhaps more restoration than modification but I sorted out my steering wheel today. The silver plastic trim was very worn and really let the interior down.

Started by removing it which of course meant removing the air bag. Some photos are below basically I wet sanded it with 600 grit, washed it down and repainted it with Autosmart silver king. Had a few imperfections in it so flatted a few areas down again and gave it a few more coats.

Refitting was pretty straightforward. There's a few more potential modifications to come but more of those later.....
nicely done, makes me think I should do this with my centre dash as it has lots of tiny little dents it seems in it.. wonder if i could do the same with it. Is the silver paint same as OEM?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm not sure to be honest. Looks like mine was originally a dark grey colour but I quite like the look of it now in the bright silver.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
LED headlights tonight. I decided to try LED rather than HID as I've had HID in my previous Xantia daily, LED doesn't have a start up delay, and being all in one you don't have to drill a cable hole or have separate ballasts mounted outside the headlamp units. I also wanted to try something different.

Mine came from eBay direct from China so took a while to arrive but came well packaged. Instructions are the usual poor English but there's pictures and it's a simple install.

You fit the metal part first and then simply push the bulb in place and connect the multiplug. The rear cap goes on but only just!

When I first put them on the driver's side worked fine but the passenger's side didn't. I fiddled with the multiplug but no joy. Refitted it the other way round and it worked. They will plug in either way round but maybe they are polarity conscious.

Mine are 55 watt 6000K. Pictures below. I'll take some more later when it's dark and see how they light up the road.

They certainly put the sidelights to shame!

No bulb warning or errors showing yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks good, I switched to hids but may be tempted to switch to leds depending on the light output in the dark. For the side lights I bought the led switch back bulbs from amazon Which act as drl's they compliment the dipped quite well. Not to everyone's taste granted but i quite like them

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Turns out my problem with the fit of the kit around the climate control was more to do with my fitting. The strip along the bottom is quite thin and by edging it up a bit it looks much better.

If I was fitting it again I would paint the areas around the stereo and climate control satin black before fitting the kit as this would have given me a better edge. If you have a trim that's in good condition then it probably won't be a problem for you.
Hi mate,
Janusz has just sent me your interior photo, he tells me that your doing some templates for him?
Make sure you do a good job or I'll be complaining to you :blah:

21 - 40 of 146 Posts