Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
My car hasn´t been started for about 6 months and yesterday i was trying to start it up. The car started really good, but after about 3 min it shut down. We tried a few times more and now it did´nt started at all. Then we went to buy new spark plugs and spark plugs cables. Then the car once again started but it run very bad and once again died.
And today when we was trying the car was completly dead. the car doesn´t have any spark. can it be the ignition modules that is broken?

/Stefan

G

·
Could be the coil packs, not sure where they are on a Q4...there are two on 8v's and four on 16v's non-turbo engines but your is a different engine....have you got any sparks at all, all four dead?

wrinx

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
It could be a corroded or broken crank shaft sensor. - its happened to me - syptoms are no spark, but also, no petrol..

If you suspect the coil packs, there are two, they are situation behind the air intake manifold, you will need to follow the cables right round

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i was checking the engine i found out that the hose from the intake to the fuel pressure regulator was destroyed. Replaced that hose then there was a little bit of life in the engine, it never started but it was close this time.

Maybe the engine run fat or something when the hose wasn´t there? Any ideas if something has happened when the hose was off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your fuel pressure regulator is not connected, it should only make a differance on boost. Normaly, and unconnected, it runs at 2.5 bar (as I recall) and as boost builds so does fuel pressure, using that pipe.

Hope this helps. Ideally it should be connected though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yep i read somewhere that although the battery could turn a car over if its not exactley at the right volts the computers dont like it and it wont start.

no just rememberd it was on american hotrod:rolleyes: the series , there was a bunch of top engineers playing for hours trying to start this car but as soon as they changed the batt all was well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.