Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several days of driving with an airbag light on and the threat of being screwed sensless by Desire Alfa 'Dealers' I finaly found a freindly yet extremely knowledgeable couple of guys going by the name of Avanti Autos in Ipswich. Those of you who read my previous rant about desire will know what I mean, it's as if they give you a stupid price and if your daft enough to accept it they've won otherwise they couldn't care less.

I made my maiden visit to Avanti this morning and the guys were straight on it with the diagnostics software. Turns out it was the connector under the drivers seat had tripped the ecu. Probably my fat arse on it. Paul took apart the plug and went through with me exactly how to do it in the future.

The thing I though would be the simplest, changing the climate control units, caused the biggest headache as the version of software on my CC wasn't recognised, some thing to do with mist sensor, though mine has a mist sensor. After loading known good software I was up and running in degrees celcius at last.

All this with a geniune smile, a few other minor things pointed out and the grand total spent of £47. Half what Desire wanted to charge me just to push it in the workshop.

To sum up Avanti Autos, Fantastic.:) :) :)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
nice one. glad it was so simple, and left you with a happy feeling.

:)

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
Congrats Rickster.

Avanti: 1, Desire about minus 1 billion :D

·
Administrator
23,076 Posts
Avanti are great - have a look at the "Meet the Experts" thread in the East Anglia regional section.

They are having an open day for Alfowner.com members - it is extremely generous of them - they are top men.

Anyone interested PLEASE ONLY REPLY THROUGH my thread in the East Anglia regional section as I may have to restrict the numbers.

Paul.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice to know there are some good garages out there that like to look after their customers, pity there's none around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts