Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new project,it's a 155 1.8 8v wide body.
Here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
lot of work there hun but she will look awesum ......canr wait to see her:)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah tons of work to do on her, it's going to be a good chance for my son to get his hands dirty ,as he is training to become a mechanic.
First job is to clear out the garage so i can get her in there :rolleyes:
First job on the car is going to be to replace the front section of exhaust,i will post pics as and when i do stuff:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
That's a great project, will look forward to seeing how it progresses :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Chain driven engine too had one the same in burgandy metallic, good choice and they are great to drive as well

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no cam belt probs,love it.I had a 2.0 16v about 5 years ago and i never used the radio coz i just loved the sound it made,i just can't wait to get this on the road next summer,fingers crossed.

I've been thinking about things and i'm hoping to replace all the brakes and bushes maybe dampers,then looking to put a halt to any rust underneath with new paint and underseal or what ever does the best job.Then we got to look at the bodywork,which needs alot of tlc.
keep ya posted

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah no cam belt probs,love it.I had a 2.0 16v about 5 years ago and i never used the radio coz i just loved the sound it made,i just can't wait to get this on the road next summer,fingers crossed.

I've been thinking about things and i'm hoping to replace all the brakes and bushes maybe dampers,then looking to put a halt to any rust underneath with new paint and underseal or what ever does the best job.Then we got to look at the bodywork,which needs alot of tlc.
keep ya posted
Plenty of pic please... Look forward to progress

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plenty of pic please... Look forward to progress
Yeah i will post plenty of pics,i think progress will be fairly slow as cashflow is like a stream not a swollen river:cry:,but as i've said should be finished by summer:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Peeps,Not been on for a while,been hibernating:lol:.
Have been doing a bit on the 155 in the last week or so, i took the rear wing off today to see how bad the rust was & discovered a whole heap of it,still good chance to see if me & my son are any good at welding.I found a few other bits of rust ,a couple of holes in the cills which you can see in the pics & the front bumper supports which will need rebuilding.

It all seems to be par for the course with the 155 from what i have been reading.
Will keep you posted with more rust pictures when i take the other rear wing off:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: Wish I had room in my garage for a car.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah repair panels would be nice but where's the challenge in that:D Thanks for the manual Biff thats great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts