Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a combination of a new job, a new dog and the new year my 166 is sadly for sale. In brief it's a rare 2004 facelifted model with the 3.2 24 Valve version of Alfa's V6.

In addition to the usual spec it has the following:

• Full History with AlfaAid
• 18” Ti Alloy wheels (original 17” wheels also available)
• Remus Stainless steel rear exhaust box
• iPod connection under armrest
• Q2 Limited Slip Differential (added at 96,000 mile service)
• New Clutch (single mass GTA type, added at 96,000 mile service)
• Painted Spark Plug Cover

Full ad can be found on Pistonheads: Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo 166 3.2 V6 (2004) with 18" Ti Alloys, Q2 & iPod connection.

Car has covered 100,150 miles hence i'm looking for £4,000.

Happy New Year to you all!

Philip

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I wish I had money to buy all the 166 FL 3.2 in the world ! :)
Yours is a bargain though. :eek:

·
Registered
741 Posts
will you take part exchange? Like it.
Lots.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Your pm box is full - no surprise I suppose.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Rob,

PM box is now empty. But, I've had a few expressions of interest already in a cash sale which I would prefer over a part exchange deal.

Thanks for the interest though.

Philip

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Good luck in your sale philip.

Looks like a lovely motor for someone....Had it been the full bhoona I'd have been there rain hail sleet or snow.

Just dont sell it to Michael Jackon and Paul Mccartney or Velocettes or Magnetti marelli who'll jist stick another 3 grand on top and punt on.

Oh well as Ester would say Thats life.

A similar car around 50k miles books around 3k...Well it used to before the demand grew...Pity you cant keep her.

Pomeo

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm sure you'll sell that quickly Philip, especially with the work just done (gearbox, clutch, Q2). Cheapest 3.2 i've seen and clearly a well looked after car.

Are you getting a 3.2 TI sportwagon, are you, are you!? (bet it's a 2.0 jtdm, or maybe a TBi)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Again congrats on a quick sale - shame I missed it, but guess it will be available again soon. Might be higher mileage than most would prefer, but nice car for me.

Hope to see Philip here again, even if he has no Alfa

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Again congrats on a quick sale - shame I missed it, but guess it will be available again soon. Might be higher mileage than most would prefer, but nice car for me.

Hope to see Philip here again, even if he has no Alfa
Doesn't he have a SZ?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
........A similar car around 50k miles books around 3k...Well it used to before the demand grew...Pity you cant keep her.

Pomeo
The only time a book price seems to matter is when selling to a stealer. If buying from one, it's always a case of way over book followed by some industrial grade BS to justify the hike.

Try quoting a book price to a private seller and see how far you get Pom!! It's never worked for me.

Looks like a very fair price for a nice car to me. Was tempted myself TBH, getting bored of the old 155 V6.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Doesn't he have a SZ?

Fair point - forgot about that one. Seems like a separate breed of car, almost always forget it is Alfa (75) underneath that amazing skin.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts