Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well equivalent of such anyway as I am now filling up with petrol at 35p/litre :) - YES PETROL, not LPG.

My thread from last month - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/67137-petrol-diesel-35p-a-litre-run-your-alfa-well-cheap.html

I actually took out two memberships. Filled up both cars tonight - 35p/litre and even got VAT receipts which I was not expecting. So 35p/litre inc. VAT.

Superb by the way - Brand new petrol station with new pumps, membership only so very quiet at present. Only 1 mile from me and mega cheap. I will not be holding back the horses now - 25mpg from the 220bhp 3.0 V6 but not such an issue now!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently only one outlet - Auld Brig Filling Station, Tullibody, Alloa, FK10 2PF. You join up at the premises.

Where are you based?

Unless you live or work nearby then it is of no use. Apparantely the intention is to get other independent stations, hauliers yard etc. to supply members throughout the country. MPVA would then replenish the litreage given to members. I am sure you will find out if it comes near you.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Where is the info on how to join?
Ditto.

Well done Dougie.
Any in the South Lanarkshire area.Hamilton or Motherwell.

I fancy taking the car over to france italy and /or spain this year.

Would like to cross the bridge in the sky in france.
Interesting reading the posts on driving abroad in a 166.

In the early 70's my late father did his private ryan and took us (The family) around the Normandy beaches..what an experience.God knows what it was like for him.He did it in an old Hillman Minx too.

Pomeo

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my sceptical nature thinks too good to be true might be the case here...have a wee look here for more info/discussion
I have no doubt that the government will try to clamp down on this but I will get my money back at least first! :) The petrol station was ready to go 6 months or so back with another tenant (Pinnacle) but they went bust before starting. The petrol was already supplied to the tank with duty paid - Apparantely 35,000 litres or so. MVPA therefore took over with the petrol already in situ - Customs & Excise will only investigate once fuel is being supplied that is not duty paid.

As stated earlier VAT is paid which I was not expecting!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
it's a great price, thats for sure....i'd be a wee bit wary though of not being the registered keeper anymore, although i'd probably join if it was closer :D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DVLA notify you when you are no longer the registered keeper now (you must have got notification when you sold your old TS and the leaf) - I have received nothing from them. I still have original V5C's and did not sign over. As far as I understand it the vehicle is simply registered in the scheme.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Ditto.

Well done Dougie.
Any in the South Lanarkshire area.Hamilton or Motherwell.

I fancy taking the car over to france italy and /or spain this year.

Would like to cross the bridge in the sky in france.
Interesting reading the posts on driving abroad in a 166.

In the early 70's my late father did his private ryan and took us (The family) around the Normandy beaches..what an experience.God knows what it was like for him.He did it in an old Hillman Minx too.

Pomeo
Thanks dougie you answered my question as I was asking it....That's much better than the 2 ronnies who answered the question before last.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Dougie.
I think I saw your garage in the STV nems last night.

Your man has baffled the bafflers.Let's hope he does it.

Also on the new this morning there are less garages open now than around 1920's.They are closing up around 8 a week.

Hopefully your man will open one in the Lanarkshire area and reverse a trend

I for 1 would buy from him.

He should be commended

Pomeo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts