Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had a nice set of 18 inch alloy that i bought cheap cos they looked very pimpish. after a few hours sanding and a couple of trial paints i eventually got the right colour "silver honda vogue" and they looked :cool: and i really enjoyed the little project

before :vomit:

$(KGrHqIOKp0E1q0356Z)BNsBP8ezt!~~0_12.jpg $(KGrHqQOKiYE2qoF6(YlBNsBQLTffg~~0_12.jpg

after ;)

paint 3.jpg paint 4.jpg

so a few weeks ago i was driving how after work and hit a nice deep pot hole and bang goes the tyre, along with a big crack in the alloy :cry:

im unsure whether to get it repaired, i have not hurd great things about repairing alloy wheels, so now i have have bought some more 18 inch alloys for little money that need some tlc.

$(KGrHqNHJDEE8fKqcVw+BPLtfB6,ug~~60_12.jpg

i planning on doing the same with these

Attachments

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I like your 2nd set more than the 1st .. personally, Jon they suit the spider which incidently is looking very smart.:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
2nd set are very nice, I would change the sticker for an Alfa badge though.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, it one of the most rewarding jobs, buying a cheap set of alloys (both £100) and sanding them down prime and paint them. I think i will change the yellow badge as i think it "cheapen" the look of the alloys. On the look out for my next set.....19 next time me thinks lol!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey does anyone know of any websites i might be able to hunt down one alloy,

the first set is called "inovit spin" 18 5 x100, i spoke to inovite and they no longer manufacture that size

·
Registered
166 Posts
How about taking the damaged wheel to Lepsons, they do repairs!!
The Swindon place is now called Platinum Wheels. They've just done a super job on a Ph2 alloy for my twinnie and another wheel of another make. Deffo recommended- just make sure you specify the colour shade exactly. The non-Alfa wheel turned out a touch darker than expected.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Must confess, I prefer the second set to the first.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I had a look at a set of 19" wheels for sale, the add said 1 wheel was buckled, turned out 1 wheel was buckled but 2 were cracked :rolleyes:

My advice would be to stay away from 19s.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know what your saying bud but a porsche 911 parked up next to me and the 19s look so good. I get my first set of alloys back from the repairers next week, cant wait to get them back they have taken forever with them but im hoping it will be worth it :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts