Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone know how to know if a 159 is a MY 2008 on production date?
Are all cars produced after the shutdown of the factory in January-March MY2008?

·
Registered
831 Posts
159s, yes. I ordered my car just before the factory shutdown and the dealer informed me when the production started.
for breras and spiders I don't know, because they're assembled at pininfarina's factory.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So a 159 production date 30.10.2008 would defenently have Q2 and the push putton for the luggage compartement?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Q2 is nothing more that traction control, just like the pre-2008MY cars. Not a proper Q2 like on the GT's.

Marketing!!!

Push button boot is the dead easy confirmation;)

U

·
0 Posts
SR - Electronic Q2 is quite a bit more than mere traction control but I agree its not a mechanical differential. In its action it gives around 50% of the benefit of a mechanical system - but still a lot better than having nothing at all.

MY2008 cars will have the push button boot release, should have different wheels as standard (apart from the Ti), slightly modified seats (unpleated front section of the seat base), and on 1.9 diesel Lussos/2.2 JTS should have aluminium calipers with Alfa Romeo script in white.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts