Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
My last car was a fabled Honda Civic....tons of problems/rattles... you've just been, like a few other posters on this forum, very unlucky, as I was owning the least reliable Civic in history :(

·
Registered
38,661 Posts
Not a typical experience of the G, and does nothing for the marques reputation. Watch all the haters spring up and post comments.

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
All tailgate related as he tells us. A 4000 mile ex-lease car of that age is going to have a story. As does Mangoletsi who sold it. Not typical.

·
Registered
950 Posts
To be fair all three of the problems (it is a used car by the way) are just minor things....
Cue I'll be honest I skipped some so just need about 3 back ;-)

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
I watched ,and most painfully of all listened, to this account and fail to understand what Rick wants from this passive-aggressive motion picture. I was talking to the guys at the tyre place where I got the new goodyears this week when they were admiring the Giulietta and hearing all the cliches about Alfas. The YouTube thing only builds on this cattlecrappery.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Reactions: lussoman

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 18 month experience of owning an Alfa, not having a go at the brand because i love the car i really do but this video is my experience ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyJnNZse5s8

:driving:
Thanks, but it would have been nice if you had at least published the positive review at the same time as the negative one! (Sorry if you already have done and I didn't notice it).

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
Thanks, but it would have been nice if you had at least published the positive review at the same time as the negative one! (Sorry if you already have done and I didn't notice it).
Why?
Why not incorporate the two at once in a shorter and more entertaining form?
The usual format of a presentation incorporates some structure which leads to a conclusion.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why?
Why not incorporate the two at once in a shorter and more entertaining form?
The usual format of a presentation incorporates some structure which leads to a conclusion.
True- I commented, as he mentioned in the video, that he also wants to do a separate one to talk about the positives.

PS. I did find it somehow entertaining... in a painful way.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I had a 147 JTD before and now I have a 2010 G, my problems in 3 years have been as follows:-
EGR cooler cover cracked needed replacing, did it myself
Rear boot lock wire broken in rear hatch loom, did it myself
Wife crashed car in snow, new steering rack and front wheel fitted via insurance, could have done it myself but parts alone were £1200.
Other than these problems or "issues", if you are a modern person (bless you and may your god help you), I haven't even had to fit so much as a new light bulb. Tyres and brake pads etc last so much longer due to the driver aids.

Would I swap this car for anything else? I'm looking at some luxury cars right now to celebrate a very significant birthday and until you get to about £40k+ there's not a lot of cars that come close to what I have. Webuyanycar currently are offering £5600 for my bella and I think it's a lot better than an audi A4 for starters! Meep Meep!(roadrunner for those that don't know)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
All tailgate related as he tells us. A 4000 mile ex-lease car of that age is going to have a story. As does Mangoletsi who sold it. Not typical.
It had done 11900 miles when I pick it up, did say 12k in my blog
It was leased to some plastic company in Newcastle
I know you have an opinion on the cars history but your wrong.

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
Sorry, Your writing is quite incoherent. I don't understand why you think your story is so much more interesting than any of the hundreds of thousands of people who've bought Giuliettas to justify something on YouTube?
Did you buy it from Mangoletsi or a car supermarket? Did the MA unit fail? Can a washer pipe in a tailgate freeze and pop apart on any car? Was the tailgate wiring a common issue with an £800 warranty fix?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well I did the positive review at the same time but the kids in garden next door shout too much to publish and need to reshoot
I have a Vlog on start stop already up and have a a hot "lap" of the cat and fiddle England's most deadly road plus a blog of the amazing 4c
So when those Vlogs are up it will give a bit more context

Porsche have offered me 7k. At a trade in against a new Cayman black so going to do a vlog on depreciation

still interested in the new Guilia

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been offed a maserati Ghibli pre reg for 39k, don't really want a white or a diesel but very good value. I genuinely think the Alfa going to be better. Need a bit more YouTube ad revenue :thumbup:

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
What are you going to say about depreciation?
You know how it works with Porsche ; a while back a friend with one he bought from a main dealer was touring the dealerships with his 911 assuming it was worth nearly forecourt money. However he had it explained to him by the dealer that they buy every used Porsche they can and mark them up ,at that time , £12k. His 911 was not worth quite what he thought until an Audi dealer gave him over the odds in trade-in for an RS4. They can flatter a Giulietta owner to get them into the habit. Therefore your 7000 is a starting point and whatever you've lost reflects the mark-up when you bought it. Sounds like there some variable marketing money needed to shift a white Ghibli from which you benefit up front.... Come trade-in time....

·
Registered
1 Posts
@rick999

I saw your video on the start stop system and you are doing it wrong I am afraid! The way that the car is turning off is not because it wants to it is because you are stalling it by letting your foot off the clutch in gear!!! There is an issue with your battery that is why it is not turning off the engine in neutral. Maybe it is because the car was sitting for a long time at the dealer's and the battery has gotten discharged, maybe you need a new battery, anyway that is not the way that the system works!!!

·
Registered
36,667 Posts
You mention in your latest Vblog that other systems are better; name them.
There's debate over the system? Discuss.
Are you earning money each time somebody watches you doing these "reports" ?
Do your homework and "report" when you're ready , I suggest. There is much better discussion here and elsewhere of the subjects you've brought up.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts