Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you that I'm getting married on Saturday and we're going to use my 166 as our wedding car. It's sitting pretty in the garage undercover having had a top valet. I mean, I keep the car clean, but now I want to preserve it in cotton wool. It was a friend of mine who did it - he even managed to get the inside of the alloys looking like new. Will get some pictures on here next month after the event!

Wish me luck!

Cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you that I'm getting married on Saturday and we're going to use my 166 as our wedding car. It's sitting pretty in the garage undercover having had a top valet. I mean, I keep the car clean, but now I want to preserve it in cotton wool. It was a friend of mine who did it - he even managed to get the inside of the alloys looking like new. Will get some pictures on here next month after the event!

Wish me luck!

Cheers :thumbs:
I've seen your 166 up close and it's the tidiest i've ever seen :), will make a great wedding car,top man.Congratulations

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen your 166 up close and it's the tidiest i've ever seen :), will make a great wedding car,top man.Congratulations
Thanks Paul - very kind of you. It should do the job nicely. Just got to carefully attach the ribbon on Saturday!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
First of all congratulations on getting married!

I've used my 166 as a wedding car twice. I can remember spending 8 hours cleaning out planel gaps with a cotton bud! let me give pice of advice. once you have fitted the white ribbons to the car. if you open the front doors you will streach the ribbon and they will go loose. Its OK if your in the car as you can wind the window up and down. I t would be nice if you could find elestic white ribbons!

Hope you have a speical day.

Wish you all the best.

Stuart

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Congrats all round Uncle.

A month long honeymoon then the pics.:D...Oh Stu huv I got it wrong again.:eek:

Anyway You and Auntie have a brilliant time.

Pomeo

S

·
0 Posts
Well congrats on the wedding on Saturday fella, and as far as using your 166 for the car, after seeing your 166 at the Gatwick meet a few months back. its simply stunning :wow:

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
be careful, with such a nice car people might pay more attention to the car than the bride, and then you're (you and the car) in big big trouble:)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
good luck on saturday, i got married 3 weeks ago, off on honeymoon today, having seen your car up close it will make one hell of a wedding car, i had a '65 bentley s3 and a '59 RR silver cloud as my wedding cars.

friends of mine are getting married in october and have asked me if they can use my 166 as their wedding car, ill have to hurry up with the front end respray ive been meaning to do for ages:rolleyes:

ps. how will you cope with someone else driving you about in your 166? id be flinching all the time

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good luck on saturday, i got married 3 weeks ago, off on honeymoon today, having seen your car up close it will make one hell of a wedding car, i had a '65 bentley s3 and a '59 RR silver cloud as my wedding cars.

friends of mine are getting married in october and have asked me if they can use my 166 as their wedding car, ill have to hurry up with the front end respray ive been meaning to do for ages:rolleyes:

ps. how will you cope with someone else driving you about in your 166? id be flinching all the time
Thanks everyone - specific driving instructions have been allocated! My Mrs took it to her parents today and her cousin is going to drive it. Boo hoo hooo!!!

It's never looked so clean so will get some pics up on here next month!

Thanks all again for such nice comments - signing off now to bully off for the final chukka!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts