Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

To those that are interested, I've re-advertised my 166 in the classifieds section. Not the cheapest, but one of the best out there in time-warp condition. All sensible offers considered.

Punto-Dan and Stuart-Lee can both vouch for this car.

Probably be a slow-burner to sell but, sadly, it's time for it to go.

Cheers,

James
:thumbs:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fingers crossed for you James, if it had been for sale 7 months ago i would have been all over it. Sadly not much good to you now but there is surely a buyer out there for her.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fingers crossed for you James, if it had been for sale 7 months ago i would have been all over it. Sadly not much good to you now but there is surely a buyer out there for her.

Best of luck!
Yes, guess it is one of those special cars which will be spotted by one particular buyer at one particular time. Breaks my heart to sell it but really need a diesel estate now. Will put it back on Pistonheads later on in the month once people have got over the festive blues!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Best of luck with the sale James, this is definitely the best 166 I've ever seen in the flesh. Properly serviced, very well looked after with all the extra's.....a previous feature car in Auto Italia to boot.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a reminder!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Shocked it didnt get snapper up actually!

Maybe in the summer it will be gone! Ive asked a couple of people for you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shocked it didnt get snapper up actually!

Maybe in the summer it will be gone! Ive asked a couple of people for you.
Yes, me too! I can't really express how nice it is much more but there you go!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yep, unfortunately if you have a figure in mind and you believe your car is worth it then you have to stick to your guns and wait for the right buyer to come along. My 166 was in very good condition too with the Zender kit, Konis, G3, DSP, etc but I just wanted to sell, so advertised it at £2250 and sold it for £2k. Ideally I reckon it was worth a minimum £2500 but it was time for me to move on. I couldn't have asked for a nicer buyer (and a total Alfa nut to boot) so I'm happy with the deal I done.

Good luck with the sale James. I hope you sell your 166 soon.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, unfortunately if you have a figure in mind and you believe your car is worth it then you have to stick to your guns and wait for the right buyer to come along. My 166 was in very good condition too with the Zender kit, Konis, G3, DSP, etc but I just wanted to sell, so advertised it at £2250 and sold it for £2k. Ideally I reckon it was worth a minimum £2500 but it was time for me to move on. I couldn't have asked for a nicer buyer (and a total Alfa nut to boot) so I'm happy with the deal I done.

Good luck with the sale James. I hope you sell your 166 soon.
Of course - and there's always room for manoeuvre. Will see how it goes. I'm not desperate to get rid of this car as I love it but my head has ruled my heart unfortunately! Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts