1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
There'll be a lot of people who don't know about the M32, I certainly wouldn't draw attention to it when trying to sell a car, perhaps just say that the box has been professionally rebuilt.
I personally wouldn't go anywhere near a car with the M32 box ever again no matter what the history.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi

I saw you driving a 156 now, and wondered why - now I know !

Will certainly say that your 159 is one of the cleanest examples that I've seen on the roads recently, and good luck with the sale

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It looks very clean indeed, I'm sure it will sell easily. Like lussoman I'd avoid drawing attention to the gearbox. Knowledgeable buyers will already know about its reputation and you risk frightening some potential buyers away. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some good points there guys. I have a tendency to waffle on! I have modified the advert as suggested. Am sure it'll take a while to sell as I'm not asking peanuts. Everything has been done and done properly plus the car is in fabulous condition. That, for me, makes it worth a little more than crappy part-ex cars from dodgy second-hand car dealers! I'm in no rush to sell as its a wonderful car. Just time for a change after four years of ownership.

The 156 is virtually mint and was a no-brained for a little over a grand with 48k on the clock. A joy to drive even though just a 1.8 TS. Very rare in such nice condition. It's a stop-gap while I wait for the price of a Guilietta to drop a bit more. Quite happy to be a three-Alfa owner for a while!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumpety bump!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it is with a slightly heavy heart that I can say that I'll be waving goodbye to my 159 this evening. The first person who saw it, bought it. A very nice American chap. I'm sure it will serve him well for many years to come!

I will enjoy my 156 for a while before selling it and investing in a Giulietta in the not too distant future!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts