Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took delivery the 159 today. Fantastic love the car, very stable and reasonable quick.
Just that I need to take it to Chatz next week. Suspecting the water bottle is leaking and also got a change engine oil message when I start the car.

Attachments

Reactions: Guili and Ian Lusso

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some research on the warning message, some says the dealer just need to reset the sensor after changing the oil. I guess Chatz didn't do it for the last service which was in Feb this year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I took delivery the 159 today. Fantastic love the car, very stable and reasonable quick.
Just that I need to take it to Chatz next week. Suspecting the water bottle is leaking and also got a change engine oil message when I start the car.
Very very nice Jchan11hk... Looks real good in white... You got a side angle photo? Would like to see the white with black Ti rims...

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Make sure that the correct oil was put in though. The service indicator shows when a service is due. The change oil warning shows when the oil has degraded beyond spec. If the wrong oil is in there then it could well be degraded by now depending on milage covered since the last service.

Is it a tbi? If so, don't take chances even if you have to pay for an oil and filter change. What is the milage?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, Ian I will go check it out at Chatz. The car have got 37800kms on it. Service was done at 30000kms. But as you said rather be safe than sorry. It is the 1750 engine as well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very very nice Jchan11hk... Looks real good in white... You got a side angle photo? Would like to see the white with black Ti rims...
I will go take a pic tomorrow to show you the side view.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side View. And yes it will be my daily now. I actually changed my Opel with a 500 5 months ago, and now the 159. Well the 500 is not really suited for my work, long distance driving.

Attachments

Reactions: juniorgtar

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, I will be going but not on track this year. If I am going on track eventually, I think I will take the 159. But need to get these small things sorted out first.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Congrats, Jeffrey! Beautiful car.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Side View. And yes it will be my daily now. I actually changed my Opel with a 500 5 months ago, and now the 159. Well the 500 is not really suited for my work, long distance driving.
Very very nice dude!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, yup very happy about the 159. Great build quality and good looking design.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Tbi = EPIC handling! :devious: Track day toy par excellence! And when you want some more poke out of the motor, Paul did some good mods to make his quite quick. You can keep the exhaust stock with just a downpipe though because they burble and pop loudly when you do a full decat and fit a free flow :jester:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
C ongrats guy. My bro in law was excited and then dealt with .... drum roll...Chatz used car salesmen!!! They post a pic of the Ti, he calls and works out a deal, he decides he wants it, asks for more pics and gets pics of a Progression...asks wtf, told that car he thought he gets was sold long ago...the 8c red Alfa 159 Ti...lmfao these guys. He then says but wtf, the salesperson insists its a Ti...shame. The guy tried twice to buy an Alfa, 1st time he ended up with a Golf 7 GTi, now it looks like hes going with a Ranger bakie lmfao

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chatz used car salesmen!!! They post a pic of the Ti, he calls and works out a deal, he decides he wants it, asks for more pics and gets pics of a Progression...asks wtf, told that car he thought he gets was sold long ago...the 8c red Alfa 159 Ti...
Now that is ridiculous, sorry for your bro tho... Any idea who he spoke to? Would be interesting to note if it's pure ignorance and lacking knowledge or an attempt to intentionally deceive...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts