Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My name is Jens, and i'm from Belgium..

I found this forum on my search for Alfa's on Google, so i wanted to show you my Alfa 159

Here it is, my pride :)

Modifications;

19" BBS cx-r wheels with 235-35 Continental 5
KW adjustable suspension
TI sideskirts
TI steeringwheel
Brera frontbumper (without licenceplate)
Brera grille (painted black)
Black window (all of it, exept the front window)
2.4 exhaust system (with dubble pipes)

Then i've bougt a double exhaust like the 2.4

·
Registered
912 Posts
Very nice. And although I like the wheels, they're not what I would choose personally.

But it's your car not mine :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I think it looks great! Wheels suit the car in my eyes.

Not sure of the black grill though. Loses something from the lines that the chrome grill gives it.
Hope it serves you well. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I never thought about fitting Brera bumper to 159... Did it go in without changes? Good looking, altough if i'd had that low car, i'd bee hearing sounds i would rather not :D

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
sweet looking sportwagon, didn't think I'd like the black grill, but on the red car seems to look ok

painted brake calipers next?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
In the UK you wouldn't get away with the heavily tinted front side windows for very long. Mr Policeman doesn't like them :-(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the positive comments guys, i love my Alfa (half Brera) also :D

The frontbumper doesn't suit that easy i'm affraid :) But that's what makes it unique

Here in Belgium, the cops aren't also that happy with the tinted front windows (when there's a control i automaticly put my windows down and for the MOT, i have to, do them off)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Interesting choice of wheels. I always had a soft spot for BBS wheels and thought that CH/CKs would look awesome on a 159, but the CXs don't look bad either.
Are they 5x110 or 5x112?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting choice of wheels. I always had a soft spot for BBS wheels and thought that CH/CKs would look awesome on a 159, but the CXs don't look bad either.
Are they 5x110 or 5x112?
I also loved BBS rims, especially the bbs rs (to put on a VW)

And i totally agree, the CH & CK's (although i like the CH's more) are very nice on a 159 (i've seen and googled some pics) but i wanted to be different, i wanted to put a bbs wheel, that was a bit rare, a bit special (so is a red alfa 159 in Belgium)

And i've bought them in 5x112 (whick is Audi) so that makes it a lot easier if I want to sell them

(i hope my englisch isn't That bad... :( )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love the exhaust modification - was it fairly straightforward?
That was really easy; I drove to Holland (200 km) for a dubble pipe (coming from a 2.4 diesel)

So i had the pipes, i only needed to have the Y pipe to connect, that was easy to command on the internet and costed me around € 80 (the pipes where €400)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet looking sportwagon, didn't think I'd like the black grill, but on the red car seems to look ok

painted brake calipers next?
I also had my doubt, especially if you look at a brera grill (which is 70% black with a chroom trim)

And i think i'm going to leave the calipers grey, I think they match with my grey BBS alloys

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thanks! It's still a bit difficult to write things down (English is my 3th langues after Dutch and French)

So if I make mistakes, please forgive me :)
Your English is very good! :thumbs: considerably better than my Belgian (which is non-existent ;) )

·
Registered
161 Posts
daaaamn that looks nice, i wish i could get those wheels from some local shop around here!

and the sideskirts and the brera frontend... damn....~!!!!!

i envy you!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Looks good.

Saluti, Giordano.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts