Alfa Romeo Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
517 Posts
Just remove the grille, that should do. It might well be the door wiring making a mess - it was on mine at least. I do run an amplifier, so I didn't bother fixing the wiring, but simply ran new wiring through, with the appropriate pins to match the door connector.
It's 6,5" speakers. I'd get Hertz as a replacement, but that's just my preference. Your wallet decides how good they're gonna be - but obviosuly there's a limit to the performance, especially if you run the original radio.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just remove the grille, that should do. It might well be the door wiring making a mess - it was on mine at least. I do run an amplifier, so I didn't bother fixing the wiring, but simply ran new wiring through, with the appropriate pins to match the door connector.
It's 6,5" speakers. I'd get Hertz as a replacement, but that's just my preference. Your wallet decides how good they're gonna be - but obviosuly there's a limit to the performance, especially if you run the original radio.
Yeah, it's still got the original head unit/cassette unit.

I'm not after winning a sound-off, just want the distortion to go away. I'll have a mooch for some speakers and pop those grilles off, cheers!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm rubbish at these updates but to be fair, there is rarely anything to mention about the car. I keep it's fluids topped up correctly and it keeps soldiering on, keeping it's side of the bargain.
I sourced some replacement speakers via ebay (JVC CS-J620X 6.5" 16cm 2 Way 600 Watts if anyone is interested - £20 inc postage for the pair) and they have worked fine. I'm not into serious audio, I just want them to work to an acceptable standard and these do. very minor mods to the wiring but nothing that should worry anyone.
I wanted the speaker working as we were heading to Cornwall for a week with the dogs and taking the 156 with us. It coped admirably with the trip, I know I am preaching to the choir but these are such capable cars, and i think they hold their own in a current carpark extremely well.

anyway, for those who know the area, yours truly and his 156 pictured overlooking Widemouth Bay
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Car

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I'm rubbish at these updates but to be fair, there is rarely anything to mention about the car. I keep it's fluids topped up correctly and it keeps soldiering on, keeping it's side of the bargain.
I sourced some replacement speakers via ebay (JVC CS-J620X 6.5" 16cm 2 Way 600 Watts if anyone is interested - £20 inc postage for the pair) and they have worked fine. I'm not into serious audio, I just want them to work to an acceptable standard and these do. very minor mods to the wiring but nothing that should worry anyone.
I wanted the speaker working as we were heading to Cornwall for a week with the dogs and taking the 156 with us. It coped admirably with the trip, I know I am preaching to the choir but these are such capable cars, and i think they hold their own in a current carpark extremely well.

anyway, for those who know the area, yours truly and his 156 pictured overlooking Widemouth Bay View attachment 960976
I feel quite emotional seeing the old girl again, she obviously went to a good home. My wife says she wants another one, the Micra doesn't quite cut it! On the plus side we've still got the GT which continues to give joy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I feel quite emotional seeing the old girl again, she obviously went to a good home. My wife says she wants another one, the Micra doesn't quite cut it! On the plus side we've still got the GT which continues to give joy.
3 &1/2 years ive had it now, mate

I love it to bits, barring some unforseen calimity, its a keeper.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts