Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there people,

I have to say that initially i was disappointed with the standard speakers in my new 147 (Connect +). But, after initial distortion on low bass kicks, they seem to have got a lot better. Has anyone else noticed this. I am a professional musician, but was unable to get the Bose (annoyingly). I was really worried at first about the standard stuff, but i have to say it ain't bad at all.

What do you say?

Liebling

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is an usual thing with the whole sound sistem; you will see that the sound will get better and better...they just need the time;
but, if you want to reduce the time of the running in, you can buy a special cd that puts the whole speaker sistem to work, in a very big area of frequency...try to get from an audio equipement dealer or something like that; it is the same if you wait (usually, if we exclude the special spakers>subwoofers); the normal time for the running in of a normal speaker is about 50 hrs. After that, wyhiwyg!
(what you hear is what you get)

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Is this a normal thing with all new sound systems, or just the original ones that come with the cars when they're built?

I'm asking because I had never heard anything like that. :confused:

Thanks,

Ant

·
Registered
744 Posts
All Hi-Fi has an optimal "running in" period. My Home Hi-Fi CD Player was recommended to be left running with a CD on repeat for the first 20 hours to 'Warm it up'.

Even now it gets to it's best after being on for 2 hours. The sound gets warmer as the electronics get warmer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah, the entire sound sistem needs an warm up; you will see after; this is not an "alfa thing"; it's an usual sound thing

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
In the days of the valve(those who remember) in amplifiers, because of there design ie, a element to heat the electron flow, the sound came on slowly hence it always had a warm up period.Then the solid state transistor came out.They had a 'instant' switch on ie instant sound. However all solid state components have a operating temperature , some differant depending on the componet type . When all the componets reach there temperture the system is at its optimum. A system should therefore not be blasted until this period. On my home system i leave it on for a hour before turning the volume up high. A car system dependant on its make and complexity( seperate amps etc) should be allowed to 'warm up'.

·
Registered
205 Posts
you're right too paul.o, but the difference is that liebling's sistem needs also the running in period; after this, you can use without fear; it's true that every sistem needs also some time to warm up, but if that sistem is not a powerfull one (amplifiers, subwoofers, etc) the period of the warm up is very short...
am I right?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, however in a modern system the mine problem is not poor sound quality but increased chance of blowing the unit up. This said most systems now have safety circuits which prevent over loading the units. ie, thermal protection.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hmm, poor chances to blow the unit up... anyway, you gotta know your sistem properly to know how you can you make it run the best way it can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts