Alfa Romeo Forum banner

My 147 20.st won't start need brain power

Tags
20st brain
597 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  carlo21 
#1 ·
Hello ,

So my beloved 147 2.0ts was in need of help so I decided to get a new engine, I finished installing it and now it won't start,

When I crank the engine seams to want to start then it doesn't and then the plugs are wet, I checked spark by taking coil and plugging a spark plug into the silver side and tested each 1-4 and all have spark , so I'm not sure wat it could be the battery was full ,

There is only a engine light on the dash maybe I need to get it diagnostics done but I need to find some one to come do that for me ,

I had a few ideas but not sure.

Could it be injectors but all plugs are wet?

Could it be the air intake butter fly servo? How do I test if it works?

Engine whirring harness? I could take the one from my old engine?

It has new plugs
And new MAF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Oo joy ya could be , the one that is one is the one from my old engine, maybe it's not working anymore from the swap or something, let me try that order a new one thanx ,

It's going to be a fiddle, let's see haa haa

#5 ·
Definitely, let see I know exactly where it is so could probably do it by feel too, so the reason why I used the one from my engine is the guys in Japan taking out the engines just cut so the one that came with the engine was brand new so I decided to solder it up and try it as a test tomorrow will install it and if it works I will get a new one,

Some pictures

#6 ·
So I tried the one I made up and it did not work so I have ordered a new one ,

It wants to start its fires up then dies so it must be this I really hope so there is a engine light on could that stop the car from starting?

#7 ·
Given that you've changed an entire engine it's unlikely you made the same mistake I did when changing the sensor, but just in case make sure the o-ring is rolled up the little step at the bottom. In the pics you posted it looks like it's at the base of the barrel but not on the step (I appreciate that doesn't mean it was like that when you fitted it!). Pics in this post show what I mean: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/1039426-engine-problem.html#post15579297. It does the "I want to start but I'm just not going to quite bother" thing when the o-ring is in the wrong place, so just mentioning this on the off chance that it is the cause of your problem.

#8 ·
Hi thank man I did not do that so I fixed that and no it did not work she wants to start all 4 Are firing I put new plugs in and could see all have been burnt so there's no spark problem or fuel problem so I'm thinking camsensor ,

Taking my car to the mechanic tomorrow to do diagnostic cuz I have no clue any more,

This is my 1st time I've done engine swap it whent well as I have good knowledge with tools and all the tools in the world and I did everything like a crazy perfectionist,

Pictures of the engine swap

#9 ·
Whooooppp my engine is running but there is a problem so sad.

It smokes like helll , did compression test and numer 1 and 2 low 2 more then 1. This engine I bought has been sitting for a long time,

I drove it 100km used 2 l oil ,

This is crazy,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.