Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 146 TS does not start sometimes. I noticed the red injection light on the dashboard and does not go off when started (or turning the key to MAR). I also saw that the yellow code light does not appear at this time. If the light goes off by chance then the car starts without any problem. One trick I did was to remove the battery lead (-ve) for 2-3 mins and then put it back so that the injection indicator goes off and also noticed the code light appearing and going off. So the car starts.

I am new to this forum and badly need any ideas to resolve this issue.

regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention it is 1.6TS and also tried the fuel switch below the seat. no luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. The relays and fuses seems okay and are not corroded. pulled then out and checked them.

but i am not able to understand the reason why it works when i disconnect the battery and then plug it in? The injector light then disappears. I want to know if it is a battery problem or any other i should expect??

I use my alfa sparingly (2/3 times a week) for short distances and noticed that if I leave it for sometime unused, i usually have this problem. wanted to know if I just start the car (without running it) does the battery get charged?

thanks again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the help. The relays and fuses seems okay and are not corroded. pulled then out and checked them.

but i am not able to understand the reason why it works when i disconnect the battery and then plug it in? The injector light then disappears. I want to know if it is a battery problem or any other i should expect??

I use my alfa sparingly (2/3 times a week) for short distances and noticed that if I leave it for sometime unused, i usually have this problem. wanted to know if I just start the car (without running it) does the battery get charged?

thanks again.
Checking the fuses doesnt help you in order to decide is the connections to the fuse holders are solid. The other guys on the forum would say it is worth redoing the BBoB so it can be ruled out in future.

·
Registered
222 Posts
battery problem. If you have an after market head unit in then they can draw power while the car sits. Stick a new battery in and give it a good drive at least once a week for at least 20 minutes to make sure the battery is getting enough charge. most trips under that will use more power on start up than they battery regains from driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.
i have left the car at the garage for reading the codes for diagnosis and repair if any. waiting for the results. but do you think it could also be a earthing problem or loose earth? The -ve of the battery is connected to the body (or earth). when I remove unplug and then put it back, it see it okay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts