Alfa Romeo Forum banner

My 146, it's short.

Tags
146 short
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Biggles146 
#1 ·
Can anyone with a late model 146 (fully painted bumpers), running on 195/55R15s get some photos/measurements showing how far from the rear wheel the back bumper is?

A previous repair seems a little inaccurate, my wheels catch the arches with load in the back.

Thanks in advance,
Biggles.

#6 ·
It's all about tolerances...
The guy making your car bodywork that day had a +/- tolerance to hit, as did the tyre guy.
Everything going to the - on the tolerance would allow a little more tyre, everything going to the + means less tyre :(

Using tyre calculator from here
I have 205/40R17s which are ~596mm diameter. I get some rubbing with a load in the back and going over bumps.
The original wheels, 205/50R15s are ~586mm and are perfect - that few mm makes all the difference on my car...
Once I get the tyres worn enough I suspect I'll see the rubbing disappear on the 17s

Your tyres are same as my 17s -> 596mm. So on my car they would definitely rub - but maybe not on yours.
If your worried about it you could drop to 195/50s

#7 ·
Mine only rubs with load in the back (unless I really come down hard on a B road).

Only seems to rub on the off side wheel tho, and it has had a slight shunt up the back, I didn't think the bumper was in the right place, but it seems about right by what everyone else is saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.