Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should be in Autotrader next week .No it's not an original GTV 3.0 with carbs . This car was 2.5 originally which came with the black pinstripe recaro interior . As I have always liked the gtv shape and did not want to touch my original one I decided to make my ultimate road GTV 3.0 which still looked totally original and had far greater performance, better handling and good stopping power with no visual giveaways with the 15" compomotive rims. It has the double mirrors, 3.0 hood and spoiler.
Basically it has the 156 kw motor( new belts ,tensioner) as discussed in other thread, biltstein coil overs with the torsion bars like the RS kit .( can remove torsion bars but must then go heavier on springs).
Biltsein rear shocks as well. It has AP calipers up front which came from the Auto delta kit in 1986 for these cars with new ds 2500 ferodo pads. Just had the gearbox done with upgraded prop (coupling cage ) to handle extra power.
I had the car resprayed to the original colour again - yes it was red before . This was done 8 years. All this time the car has sat in the basement with the others .
Reason why selling it - could be relocating unfortunately and there is limited space for packing race car , carb gtv , gta in a container .
Price R75000. If you wanted to do this project it would cost min R120 000.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So where's the photo's? In another thread maybe?

·
Registered
596 Posts
You also went to the ARCOP GoKart day at Van der Bijl last year no?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep that's the one . It was it's first trip that day in 5 yrs since all the conversions . All was good except a nut that got under the gear lever boot and got stuck in linkage. Left me with three gears . Anyway done 1000 km since then and its perfect and also did the ARCOP track day . Kinda like assembly a race car for the first race - you gotta shake it down .

·
Registered
596 Posts
Such a nice car - this is to me what an E-Type is to my Dad - if that makes sense :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
(Ok me too..E-type's are just so much more than R75k ..eish)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts