Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
35,763 Posts
does this feature get the car more points on NCAP ?
It do not think there are "rear seat occupied" sensors anyway....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to admit, this really annoys me too....if there is a way to turn it off, I would welcome the instructions.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
you can buy on tinternet a small device that is in effect the end of the seat belt and you plug this in.

All my Asian colleagues use them on their cars as none of them were seatbelts once plugged in it thinks its your seatbelt.
Cheaper option go to a spares breakers and cut the end of 2 seat belts and use those instead

M

·
0 Posts
does this feature get the car more points on NCAP ?
It do not think there are "rear seat occupied" sensors anyway....
There are rear seat sensors. My mates have an annoying habit of unplugged there belts as I am braking to stop when we've got to our destination. Absolutely the normal thing to do but it sets off all the beeping and they wonder what the hells going on!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
It's amazing how lazy/stupid some people are that they refuse to wear a seatbelt. It takes a second to put on and is there for your safety. Remember that the airbag is a secondary restraint system - it works with the seatbelt to protect you. On its own, it won't provide you with much.
So, why don't people just put their seatbelts on?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It's amazing how lazy/stupid some people are that they refuse to wear a seatbelt. It takes a second to put on and is there for your safety. Remember that the airbag is a secondary restraint system - it works with the seatbelt to protect you. On its own, it won't provide you with much.
So, why don't people just put their seatbelts on?
:thumbs: +1

It is also worth pointing out that airbags can be positively dangerous when used without a seat belt, they are supposed to work as a system.
It isn't brave or macho to drive without a seat belt - its stupid and illegal.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
WEAR THE SEATBELTS. OBVIOUSLY.

(rear seats have 'occupied' sensors - found that out yesterday - so won't buzz unless someone is sat there)

N

·
0 Posts
Dealer can disable it.

Mine is disabled. :thumbs:

The "Wear your seatbelt!" comments are unwarranted. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dealer can disable it.

No, they're sensible. Seatbelts save lives. Not only that, rear seat passengers without them can kill those in the front too, so it's not just your own safety.

The same goes for not wearing a helmet on a bike, it's simply idiotic.

N

·
0 Posts
NO ONE is saying they don't wear a seat belt. Jaysus! :rolleyes:

The warning light is still active. You can't miss it. It's right in front of your face. (on the 159 anyway.)

OP: Ask your dealer to deactivate the audible buzzer using the Examiner software. :)

On the 159/Brera this will give a new option in the settings menu to re-activate the seatbelt
audible alarm. But do not use this as to deactivate it again you will need to ask the dealer again.
;)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Dealer can disable it.

My friend Paul was in a coma for 6 months because he was just like you - anyone who told him to wear a seatbelt was being rude, etc. He then spent a further 18 months being rehabilitated - learning to walk and talk again.

If you want to avoid wearing a seatbelt, that's your choice. If others advise you that you should wear one, don't be so quick to criticise - maybe they know a little about road safety and the effect of having an accident can have.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
going to back track a little here: exactly what circumstances warrant disabling a warning buzzer and warning light for a safety critical system in a motor vehicle?

I'd be interested to learn whether there are specific cases where it is reasonable.

I did think of one: test running the car engine with the car on a roller / stand. Might the buzzer be annoying or interfere with safe conduct of the test?

·
Registered
154 Posts
For crying out loud - not everyone who wants the stupid buzzer silenced is going to drive everywhere with no belts fastened. Instead of finger-wagging, perhaps some energy could be put into thinking of other reasons to have the thing muted - like when you simply want to move the car a short distance to wash it or to move it into a garage after having it parked outside. I would never drive on the road without a seatbelt on but I too would love the buzzer killed, at least on the driver's side. What I don't need is the PC lobby telling me why I should leave said buzzer alone. Belt up!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
If you want to avoid wearing a seatbelt, that's your choice. If others advise you that you should wear one, don't be so quick to criticise - maybe they know a little about road safety and the effect of having an accident can have.
Dude, WTF are you talking about !?!?!?!

I WEAR A SEATBELT ALL THE TIME.

ANYONE WHO TRAVEL IN MY CAR WEARS A SEAT BELT.

What's the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Dude, WTF are you talking about !?!?!?!

I WEAR A SEATBELT ALL THE TIME.

ANYONE WHO TRAVEL IN MY CAR WEARS A SEAT BELT.

What's the problem? :confused:
So why have you disabled the seatbelt buzzer?

I mean, what's your problem?:lol:

I'd also point out that my first post ended with "So, why don't people just put their seatbelts on?"
As yet, no one who has requested or talked about disabling the buzzer has explained why they are doing it, although you appear to be getting a tad stressed.

N

·
0 Posts
So why have you disabled the seatbelt buzzer?

I mean, what's your problem?:lol:
Because, for example,when you pass through security checkpoints (because you
have to get out and open the boot for inspection before driving up to security cabin)
it's bloody annoying and continues to make a noise even after you reattach your seatbelt.

Because, for example, when your passenger hasn't belted it is
bloody annoying and continues to make a noise even after you tell them to put the belt on.

Geddit? :confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
As yet, no one who has requested or talked about disabling the buzzer has explained why they are doing it, .....
Errr..... have another look at my post from earlier.

Additionally, in my previous car (Honda Civic) I disabled the buzzer for the driver's side by simply unplugging the sensor under the seat. Made those short moves of the car a lot less noisy. But get this: I STILL WORE MY SEAT BELT WHEN I "DROVE" THE CAR. And I didn't need a computer (or a nag) to remind me to do it because I know I am responsible for my safety and the safety of others.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts