Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday there was a number on the home phone that I did not recognise , the next day same number on my mobile ?

Mmmm I'm expecting a call from my doctor & don't want to miss it, driving along & of course phone went off whilst buried in pocket, so I pull over ,by the time I fight my way out of the belt & arch my myself to retrieve said phone from pocket yes its all over .. same number ? Mmmm getting nosy now , so I'm sat down in living room off goes the mobile ahhh its the number "Hello" I sing out expecting to hear the Doc on the other end, the voice asks for me I confirm it is "I"& I say yes ,thinking I will be passed to the Doc ,but no its some crappy insurance company who have so they say been referred to me by the RA sodding C. He says "how are you this evening?"

God I must have sounded & probably looked like Victor Meldrew as I said "I'm fine & far to busy to speak to you" & slammed the phone down & snarled at the receiver that was now rocking & spinning on the table, to which mrs bobster "Tuts" & says "you'll break that & then have a tantrum when you have by another one" . She can't leave it there no she has to say " Poor man is only trying to earn a living "

Arrggh I feel like hunting him down now & torturing him as she continues to remind me how I broke the last phone up in an argument with the gas company over a false bill & how if I keep this up I'll need the Doc for my blood pressure"etc >..."Whilst my eldest son smirking at me keeps agreeing with her

Ahem I feel better now , earplugs help.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
barstewards always ringing me up with similar things. does my head in too

apparently if your very rude and swear at them a lot they will remove you from the list for being abusive. not sure if its true but worth a try :evil:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Easy, register with the telephone preference service (you can do it online) then the next time you get a call. Politely request their name/head office address and mention you have requested not to receive these calls then job done. They've normally hung up by this time anyway as they WILL get fined. Works for mobile's as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Easy, register with the telephone preference service (you can do it online) then the next time you get a call. Politely request their name/head office address and mention you have requested not to receive these calls then job done. They've normally hung up by this time anyway as they WILL get fined. Works for mobile's as well.
unfortunately not on international calls, india, america etc....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
As soon as someone says "can you confirm that you are ...." I refuse and demand to know who they are first. It got very silly on one occasion when we both refused to identify ourselves and I just lost patience and put the phone down. The telephone preference service has stopped 95% of our nuisance sales calls though. It's definitely worth registering your number with them.

·
Super Moderator
22,993 Posts
My calls usually go like this:

"Are you interested in saving money on your fuel bills?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I am obscenely rich and a few hundred pounds is of no consequence to me"

They usually go quiet giving me a chance to say goodbye and hang up.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
My calls usually go like this:

"Are you interested in saving money on your fuel bills?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I am obscenely rich and a few hundred pounds is of no consequence to me"

They usually go quiet giving me a chance to say goodbye and hang up.
:lol: My dad does that all the time too :D
Once he also asked them if they could just hang-on for a moment and then put the phone on the side and went shopping :lol: needless to say they had hung-up by the time he got home!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the beauty about these callers are the fact that they make assumptions on your circumstances, believing they are the only ones who can help.

i wouldnt fancy that job myself lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
My daughter says - Just hang on a second and I'll put you on to someone who can help.
Then gives the phone to her two year old and gets on with what she was doing. Works every time.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My daughter says - Just hang on a second and I'll put you on to someone who can help.
Then gives the phone to her two year old and gets on with what she was doing. Works every time.
Excellent. I'll have to try it :cheese: albeit an expensive way of getting rid of them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts