Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Been there a number of times, including one where we blagged our way onto the shop floor (2006) :cool:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,326 Posts
very nice pics! I see that Lambo is still mounted to the wall. :)

had a great time there in 2010, and Mr Balboni was being interviewed inside the museum. Icing on the cake moment :)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,326 Posts
here's the man!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not cheap but apparently the only authoritative book launched on the Miura. As i cant afford the car i gave waterstones the 60 sheets. It's written by Joe Sackey who is in the know for these cars amongst others in the USA. www.joesackey.com

Attachments

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,326 Posts
there is another Miura book worth looking for. It's called Lamborghini Miura, and it's by Peter Coltrin and Jean-Francois Marchet. It cost me £29.00 about four or five years back. It's not as big as Joe's book, and there are more black and white pics. However, i prefer it over Joe's book, because although his enthusiasm is great, his language is sometimes flowery and the book a bit disorganised. Peter and Jean's book is tighter, but no less informed. The publisher is Osprey.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great tip thanks. Ill get saving
Also visit Rita at Ristorante Paddock if you can, it's a mile or so from the Ferrari museum, Ristorante Paddock great food, not expensive by any means, everyone will tell you to go to Montana where past drivers and Montezemolo eats at, but the reviews from Italian folk say it's gone downhill a bit. Try both if you can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts