Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so had poor power under 2500 rpm for a while, yesterday I thought I'd investigate, long story short found vac leak that problem is probably solved, only I don't know because after plugging the battery back in the car won't run, it turns over but dash says immobiliser failure, vdc failure abs failure and asr failure, no eml. One concern, is that it wasn't me that connected my battery, it was my friend (honest!!) and he connected the positive connector of the fuses to the negative terminal of the fan and vice versa, I only realised this after and so undid his mess and reconnected properly and the same problem has occurred. Lights still work car turns over but horn don't work, fan doesn't work and boot doesn't pop either, is my ecu fried or Have I blew a load of fuses? Haven't had codes read yet!

Such a shame as if this hadnt happened car would be best its ever been :(

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I would check fuses, clear the codes and see what happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blown mega fuse f70 150A, this is the first contact after where he connected it wrong so hopefully it went before frying anything,it's definitely gone but can't get a new one til tomorrow, hopefully all will be well!! Bloody typical, been driving it for a month with turbo vanes stuck in the high revs position making it a pig to drive, finally diagnose and sort and still don't get to enjoy it!!
Will update tomorrow, hopefully good news :/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it did thanks. 2 weeks estimated delivery from alfa or next day delivery from parkers in nottingham, for 40p more i thought I'd buy it, 10 quid instead of the suspected 400 for an ecu! woohoo!!! Relieved is not the word, my repaired solenoid lasted until i went over a big bump, looks like it needs more than my pikey fix, best place to get a new vnt solenoid?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
it did thanks. 2 weeks estimated delivery from alfa or next day delivery from parkers in nottingham, for 40p more i thought I'd buy it, 10 quid instead of the suspected 400 for an ecu! woohoo!!! Relieved is not the word, my repaired solenoid lasted until i went over a big bump, looks like it needs more than my pikey fix, best place to get a new vnt solenoid?
I've got a good used one for a 20v 156 if it's the same part. Bought a new one because I suspected it was faulty and whilst there is a slight difference it proved the old one did work. PM me if you're interested.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts