Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Okay, so the wet weather has played havoc with my 147 recently and I need some tips. Here's how the story goes...

A few weeks ago I hit a major amount of flowing water whilst in the middle of nowhere - hence I didn't see it coming! After that the Selespeed started kicking off and wouldn't let me do anything other than 1st or 2nd. Got it to some light, had a dig around and sprayed WD40 on a few obvious wet sensors. This allowed me to get it into City mode after an hour of fiddling and get to my destination. Since then, every so often it drops into Neutral or misses a gear (3rd) and intermittently the gear indicator flashes completely randomly (usually in 5th @ 80-90 on Motorway). Fluid is fine. Battery is under a year old.

Saturday just gone, another flooded road caused all hell to break loose! Dash lights all over the place, warning beeps like you've never heard and indicators with minds of their own! It's dried out as much as possible in this weather and I'm left with a car that always indicated right, unless I indicate left (which cancels indicators compeltely), no headlights (relay does click), MCSF light saying Fan#2 is open circuit (cooling fan works) and Motorised Throttle Butterfly (or similar) malfunction (although car runs fine).

Any sensible ideas (apart from scrap it!) on any of the above? I'm so close to getting shot of this car, even though I do like it so much...

Much appreciated.

Ben

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Nev.

I suspect it's dry enough. I've had it started and running for a few hours with all the heaters on. There was also no particular evidence of where water may have got to. I think the remaining issues are now permanent, so I need some advice as to where to start in resolving them.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do you still have your car? Sorry to ressurect the old post, but I am going through a similar process now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts