Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem is now in my dream's,i 'm hearing the warning tones when i'm not in the car, it's now putting me off driving the car that i love.
When i switch on the ignition i get a stream of warning messages: steering corrector unavailable.vdc unavailable,hill holder unavailable,power steering fluid levels low etc.
This happens about 7 out of 10 times or once in motion i switch off/on the ignition or bump start it, all is fine and im back to enjoying driving it again.
The car has been in the garage, inspected and had diagnostic tests twice now with no faults found.

·
Registered
122 Posts
As stated, I have just had to replace my battery,it was causing alsorts of problems. I had a 59 Mito prior to my present one. I got a lot of warning lights that were nothing to do with the problem,which turned out to be the electronic steering. Which eventualy packed up.. I had to have a new steering column. Apaarently it was a problem with early Mito's and Minis.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
As stated, I have just had to replace my battery,it was causing alsorts of problems. I had a 59 Mito prior to my present one. I got a lot of warning lights that were nothing to do with the problem,which turned out to be the electronic steering. Which eventualy packed up.. I had to have a new steering column. Apaarently it was a problem with early Mito's and Minis.

We had a new steering system on our '59 inside the warranty! Same symptoms I'm afraid. Since then, touch wood, all OK. And on original battery,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts